Thread: 2 part - potential double jquery calls and using touchslider

Thanks

2 part - potential double jquery calls and using touchslider

So... I purchased Vantage in early July and installed touchslider in mid July. I've not had much luck getting assistance. It works pretty well and I've made several changes to the touchslider css. But I also want to use a "fancier" slideshow on my homepage, possibly Easing Slider, and from their page it notes that most problems people have with them is with a double call to jquery, which I know touchslider uses also.

I really would like to find a different custom mini-slider or carousel that works with the Vantage featured listings like touchslider does but have not come across one. Any ideas? I may eventually come up with a wish list and hire someone to do a few things for me that I don't have the time or knowledge to do at this point.

Also, if I do (or don't) keep touchslider how does one avoid a double call to jquery?

I've been holding off publishing the site cause its still being tweaked but guess I'll be brave and post it. Please be kind, I'm still a wordpress newbie and its my first time with a custom theme and child theme. You can see touchslider in action from the "Brown Bengals" category. The homepage slideshow is a VERY basic NexGen one but that's where I'll put Easing Slider or something like it.

TIA, Diana

http://bengalcatdirectory.com

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information