Thread: Adding states and cities on Vantage and ClassiPress

Thanks

Adding states and cities on Vantage and ClassiPress

Hello. I have a multisite setup with ClassiPress running on the main domain and Vantage running subordinate like so: www.maindomain.com/vantage. I would like to be able to add state and city categories.

1) On an older thread it was mentioned that this can be achieved by adding subdirectories.... would this require a separate install of the theme on each of the subdirectories in order for each state and/or city to run fully and independently of the others?

2) With my current configuration,(which is for 1 city) users can login on either the ClassiPress leg or Vantage leg and remain logged into their account and toggle between the 2 themes with full functionality. I am guessing that this would remain the same with a multi-subdirectory setup?... meaning the users could actually login to their state/city "leg" of the site but also cross over into other cities/states and post ads on those "legs"?

3) I'm trying to visualize how the sub-directories would be arranged so that on a multi city/state scenario you could "pair" a Vantage leg & ClassiPress leg for each city... would that mean the domain extensions would run deep like: www.mainsite.com/texas/dallas/vantage AND www.mainsite.com/texas/dallas/ClassiPress and then in the Nav menu you would cross link the 2 so that the user is viewing/using just these two.. unless they use a menu to select into another city?... which would also be paired the same way? This is assuming a separate install of each theme is necessary, otherwise I'm guessing the extensions would run : www.mainsite.com/Vantage/texas/dallas and www.mainsite.com/ClassiPress/texas/dallas ???

Thx!

-Tracey

Thread Information