Thread: Child theme or no? Customization help and/or quote

Thanks

Child theme or no? Customization help and/or quote

Hi there, I'm a non-techie stumbling my way through, so please use small words. Thanks!!!

My site www.cheerhomeschooldirectory.com is currently set up using the main vantage theme. I've just changed the header, background and chosen the "red" color, I think. I'm quite happy with how it looks, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off with a child theme.

I don't change much in the theme, but did change the listings to sort by alpha and I'd like to put in a slider or ad manager (nivo slider or possible oio Publisher). So, when there is an update, I lose those things. It's not super intense to change them, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it, right?

So, I'm curious, how much work would be involved in creating a child theme so that I don't have to deal with the ongoing upkeep whenever there is a update? Anybody want to give me a quote to help me out with this since it's well above my skill level!

To sum up:

1. With alpha modification and short code for slider is it worth the time to create a child.
    2. How easy/difficult? Wanna give me a quote to do it?
    3. Any thoughts on nivo slider or oio publisher working with vantage?

Thanks!!

Ann

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Did this post help you? Click Thanks | Did it help you lots? Then the next time you see someone in need give them $5 for me.

Thread Information