Thread: Press Release box

Thanks

Press Release box

Hi, I have a request which I personally need it badly and really think of it as a game changer.

What I am suggesting is a section or a box between the 'overview' and 'review', where logged-in listing owners submit a press release into one simple editor and have them displayed along within the listing.
    This may work technically similar to the comment box, but instead of visitors commenting, it is more like a comment box for listing owners.
    The press release content should be able to be crawled, and therefore need every SEO friendly attribute like dedicated url similar to posts if possible.
    The title of the box should be able to be edited. Not always 'press releases'.

I found this specific idea when I'm thinking about building a web directory website for small businesses and online startups, and found that what is lacking from every web directory is free publications. With this press releases box, there will be more free publication by search engine bots, or as a source for real curated publishing firm. I think this one additional dynamics may resulting in very powerful script.

For business owners, I found it crucial to have updated presence into one place, which over time, will build better rank for the whole directory and generate better quality backlinks back to their site while having free publications over the internet.

For visitors, they can get updated news content about specific companies all in one place, and more engaged to know more about specific companies or even more likely to write reviews.

For us the directory owners, it may help generate dynamic community and content massively which is one of the most important factor these days to boost SEO post-pinguin. Even more, along with growing community, premium listing offers may be more appealing to business owners.

For Appthemes as developer, this feature alone can separate Vantage from any link directory script on the market.

To sum this up, the press release box may have several benefits including:
    - more user generated content instead of leave-for-bots links = more content for SEO
    - more real long term benefits in incuding free that will impact the businesses for real = more appealing for new website owners to join
    - more engaging content for both listing owners and visitors = more traffic
    - link directory and article directory built into one meaningful purpose

I know some has used classipress or entirely separate article directory script to create a press release site. But what I'm requesting here is more like integrated solution built into vantage.

Thread Information