Thread: Recommendations on future release?

Thanks

Recommendations on future release?

Looking at and working on the current version of Vantage (and I do not see a mention on upcoming release), I wonder if this makes sense:

I think it is important to always convince a business as to what the value of a Vantage site can be to a business' profitability and exposure. I think Vantage is doing great job of that and is why I am aggressively working on implementing this theme for a very niche business market. But in doing so, I find one thing kind of lacking that I believe (and maybe others will too) can make the Vantage theme even more saleable to businesses:

Strengthen the business - patron relationship.

I do not see a great delineation between these in Vantage. When a patron registers so they can add favorites and leave comments, they are really being treated as a business; why the add business listing option? If I can harvest patrons for a business and provide a service where promotions, newsletters, etc. can be specifically targeted to these patrons of a business, I have added value to my website service. You give redirect options such as twitter facebook etc. and give those sites a lot of business, but what about me and my vantage site? Let me keep patron info and use it to my advantage. If I have one patron who registers support to one or more businesses, I have increased one user into many. Does that make sense?

I know events are being implemented in a future release and I think that is a great idea. What if I could have a patron provide specific feedback via the vantage site as to the event through a poll or simple questionnaire? I could then provide compiled information to the business as to the effectiveness of the event (what worked, didn't work, room for improvement, etc.)? Rather than just a comment for all to see, give the patron the ability to provide great feedback! That would make a business want to be on my vantage site and realize great value in being a paying member.

So I guess what I am saying is this:

1. Add a specific registration option that a user is registering as a patron or a business. If a patron get rid of website link, twitter link, add business listing etc, and use info just for a patron application.
    2. Create newsletters, emails, polls, etc. specific to patrons for a particular business. Businesses pay a specific fee for these types of services.

Does this make good business sense? Can I do this now with the theme as it is?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information