Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dimitris

Thread: Simplifying Business & Event Listing Submissions

Expired Customer amplifiedsteve's Avatar
    Thanks

Simplifying Business & Event Listing Submissions

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up the Vantage Theme to suit my needs. I want to simplify the Event & Listing submissions process.

Basically i don't require the user to have a profile & dashboard or any of that. I just want my visitors to be able to submit a Business or Event > user is then given the option to 'Feature' the event or listing > if they opt to feature they go through the payment process > if not they go to a thank you page > the entry then goes into an approval queue > the listing or event then goes live when the site manager approves from the backend

I dont require the user to have a profile, dashboard etc. I dont want them to have to login to submit a listing. I know I will also need to turn off Add To Favourites feature but that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Other than this I am really impressed with the Vantage theme and can't wait to roll my site out. But this forcing users to login and create user profiles is not working for me and is causing me problems and headaches. Maybe I have selected the wrong theme / developers to use but I've invested so much time (& money) to get this far it would be a shame to revert back the drawing board because of this one feature.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    jdwired likes this.

Thread Information