Thread: Strange dashboard behaviour

Thanks

Strange dashboard behaviour

I am allowing users to contribute to the blog and want to display the number of posts in their dashboard but am getting some peculiar results.

Here is my code. I am putting it the sidebar-dashboard.php file and want to display the number of posts in the account statistics;
    Code:
    	<aside id="dashboard-acct-stats">
    		<div class="section-head">
    			<h3><?php _e( 'Account Statistics', APP_TD ); ?></h3>
    		</div>
    		<?php
    		$stats = va_dashboard_get_user_stats($dashboard_user);
    		?>
    		<ul class="stats">
    			<li><?php printf( __('Live Listings: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['listings_live'] ); ?></li>
    			<li><?php printf( __('Pending Listings: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['listings_pending'] ); ?></li>
    			<li><?php printf( __('Expired Listings: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['listings_expired'] ); ?></li>
    			<li><?php printf( __('Total Listings: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['listings_total'] ); ?></li>
    		</ul>
    		<ul class="stats">
    			<li><?php printf( __('Live Reviews: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['reviews_live'] ); ?></li>
    			<li><?php printf( __('Pending Reviews: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['reviews_pending'] ); ?></li>
    			<li><?php printf( __('Total Reviews: %d', APP_TD ), $stats['reviews_total'] ); ?></li>
    			<li>Blog Articles: <?php echo get_the_author_posts(); ?></li>			
    		</ul>
    The orange bit is my code and it seems to work fine but only once the user has submitted a listing or article. When new users sign up it says they have 1 post/article - which is all the posts on my site. If they create a listing it says 0 articles - which is correct. If I assign a post to them it says 1 post - which is correct. If I then unassign that post to them it goes back to 0 - which is correct. So it only doesn't work if they have never created a listing or post.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information