Updating Vantage Listing Database - Is this possible?
I had a question regarding our ability to update a directory of listings and wanted to know if the following is possible.
- Assume this is a closed directory where I am the only person who adds or deletes listings.
- Assume the directory consists of 500 restaurants with information I have purchased from a vendor or acquired from an organization that represents restaurant owners.
- Assume that after a year, 25 restaurants go out of business and 50 new restaurants open their doors so now the directory must grow to 525 listings.
What is the easiest way to update this directory? I don't want to manually go through and delete the 25 restaurants that closed in this example, nor do I want to manually add each new listing for the 50 new restaurants.
Another option is to delete the directory containing the 500 restaurants and upload a new file containing the 525 restaurants. However, the major drawback to this is that I am afraid I will lose:
- my listing slugs and damage seo/organic search traffic
- reviews, ratings and customer feedback
- geocoding for listings (assuming a directory considerably larger than 500 listings)
In an ideal world, I would like to export the database, use excel to delete the restaurants that went out of business and add the new ones and then re-import the listings so that the remaining 475 restaurants from the original list that are still in business are essentially put back exactly as I found them.
Is there any way to do this or is that a pipe dream?