Thread: Weird 'Events' Conflict in my Listings Menu dropdown

Thanks

Weird 'Events' Conflict in my Listings Menu dropdown

Hi,

I have a Vantage site I'm building for a client...client hated the listings dropdown as it was too lop-sided given the listing category structure. As there's little control over the dropdown layout in Vantage, I switched to Ubermenu. All well and good, except that for some bizarre reason, my top-level (and only) event category is being placed as a link half way through my listings dropdown!

It's appearing beneath one of the sub-menus and is appearing instead of that sub-menus children. It is truly bizarre.

It seems to be invoking the Vantage events dropdown (although, I have no child categories in my events category structure, just the top-level category called 'All Events').

I have tried to remove the dropdowns for both listings and events in my child theme functions.php, as follows:

Code:
    function my_undo_hooks( $length ) {
    	remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_objects', 'va_disable_cat_children_menu');
    	remove_filter( 'walker_nav_menu_start_el', 'va_insert_cat_dropdown_menu' );
        remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_objects', 'va_disable_event_cat_children_menu');
        remove_filter( 'walker_nav_menu_start_el', 'va_insert_event_cat_dropdown_menu');

}
     add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'my_undo_hooks' );

This worked for the listings.

When I turn events off in the Vantage admin, the Ubermenu dropdown works perfectly, showing my sub-menus and their children perfectly. The spurious 'events' link does not appear at all...

It's like it has some hard-wired post_id that triggers the cat dropdown, and that post_id is actually another entirely separate listing category

Does that make sense? Has anyone seen anything like this? Any clues as to why the event cat dropdown is being triggered, or why the event link is being pulled in at all?

Thanks,

red20

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information