Thread: Can someone explaine a ABC way for me on Action Hooks

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone explaine a ABC way for me on Action Hooks

I get that we now have action hooks in the documentations but what i do not get is what do i do with them? I understand they can be used to avoid updating the theme all the time. But can someone explain from A B C what do i have to do with these hooks?

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    There are a lot of tutorials on the web about hooks.The WordPress codex has an introductory webpage.

Thanks
    Ok that made me somewhat a bit smarter is it possible to create these hooks to show Adsense links at specific places in the classipress theme?

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    I second that! Perhaps start small like how would you add a 468x60 banner code only using a hook? (or a h1 command for that matter)?

Quote Originally Posted by thesyndicate View Post
    I get that we now have action hooks in the documentations but what i do not get is what do i do with them? I understand they can be used to avoid updating the theme all the time. But can someone explain from A B C what do i have to do with these hooks?
    Jobroller: JobsTown

Thanks
    In the wordpress it says to build a plug in to use hooks? it looks a bit over class for me. I thought it was more like place tag some place and done

Thanks
    Please use this link for your reference :- http://docs.appthemes.com/tag/tutorial/

Thanks
    If you read my post i already checked that one and i did not get any wiser

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesyndicate View Post
    Seems your in the same boat as I am in regards to trying understand and implement hooks...I've read so much the last couple days on this subject that my eyes are starting to hurt, lol. I am considering adding a child theme as well, but am starting wonder if I even need one as I haven't modified Classipress's template at all. All my mods are function based in order fulfill business requirements, so I would think that just using hooks without a child theme may be the way to go. Yet, most everything I've read doesn't give simple direct instruction on how to use hooks, it's more like getting you understand the benefits of using them, and I do get that part of things. But I would like to know exactly how to use them in relation to implementing modifications.

Thanks
    Head over here and have a look at this tut I just shared...
    http://forums.appthemes.com/adding-s...y-using-30732/

Thread Information