Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change Admin settings through childtheme

Thanks
    Thanks dubya for your assistance, I am waiting then
    have a nice day
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thanks
    Today, I received the solution from Sebet , he is just the best ( I quote his message)

To add more color schemes, on the child theme functions.php add the following lines :

Code:
    add_action('admin_init','my_colors');

function my_colors() {

global $options_settings;

$my_colors =  array( 
                     'style-1.css' => 'My Style 1' ,
                     'style-2.css' => 'My Style 2' ,
                    // add more styles below
            );

$options_settings[2]['options'] = array_merge ( $options_settings[2]['options'], $my_colors ) ;

}
    About the admin hooks,I believe that once dubya receives a reply from the dev team, He will surely update us with any futher information, since we will need these hooks.

Thanks to Sebet for the solution and to dubya and all the dev team of Appthemes for the support!
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spartac For This Useful Post:

samcy (April 21st, 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Thanks for sharing the code. Very usefull
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spartac View Post
    Today, I received the solution from Sebet , he is just the best ( I quote his message)

To add more color schemes, on the child theme functions.php add the following lines :

Code:
    add_action('admin_init','my_colors');

function my_colors() {

global $options_settings;

$my_colors =  array( 
                     'style-1.css' => 'My Style 1' ,
                     'style-2.css' => 'My Style 2' ,
                    // add more styles below
            );

$options_settings[2]['options'] = array_merge ( $options_settings[2]['options'], $my_colors ) ;

}
    About the admin hooks,I believe that once dubya receives a reply from the dev team, He will surely update us with any futher information, since we will need these hooks.

Thanks to Sebet for the solution and to dubya and all the dev team of Appthemes for the support!
    Thanks Spartac. We're already planning new hooks the admin pages.
    Checkout my products on the Marketplace.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sebet For This Useful Post:

spartac (April 21st, 2012)

Thanks
    Having read the above discussion I would love to hear what everybody thinks of adding child theme settings to the JobRoller menu. I think adding a theme option page to the appearance menu is what users may be expecting.

What do you think?
    We do more than JobRoller childthemes at FourLeafed.com

Thanks
    exactly evertsemeijn,but my case was a bit diffirent!

My case was to add color schemes, so it was not logic to create a separated appearance menu while the users still have in mind that when they want to change the colors they do to Jobroller settings, and in the end, they be using child themes.
    I totaly agree with You, but for my issue i would just dublicate settings ( since there are dublicated color schemes to the parent theme)

Other wise, it would be great and useful to make separated settings for the childtheme.This makes it original.

Thanks
    Hi Spartac,

I though you wanted to add more settings than just the colorschemes. I was wondering what others are thinking of it since I am working on JobRespons, which will have a lot of settings. Intergrating it into JobRoller settings panel would make it confusing. I have therefore chosen to add a new theme options page to the admin instead of adding it via admin hooks.

It might be good if Appthemes gives some directions to this. What settings should be added to the JR admin and what shouldn't. Might be good to streamline the experience. Anyone?
    We do more than JobRoller childthemes at FourLeafed.com

Thanks
    Yes evertsemeijn, I needed only to add the color schemes. in case i need more, so your idea is better to make theme option page with the new settings.
    I wish you the best luck for your childtheme

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information