Thread: Learning the hard way (AKA Ouch)

Thanks

Learning the hard way (AKA Ouch)

I have run a site entitled TheWelcomMat.biz for awhile and finally decided to get a domain closer to what I do- staff therapists. I was able to buy [url=http://www.TherapyWork.net[/url] to my joyous surprise. I have done all my hosting through siteground for years and know people in other countries that use them too- solid service, no down time, cheap pricing (BTW, if you plan on going there for service let me give you a link so I get credit LOL!)

OK, long story short, they allow free website transfer when you purchase a domain. Instead of transferring it myself i decided to go this route for easy and time. One thing i noticed after they did this was that now when I log into cpanel and go to fantastico it does not list my sites under wordpress (an annoying thing I never realized but makes sense).

Now in moving everything over I needed to update all the links, info, etc in wordpress. I also forwarded all the old emails and domain to my new site at [url=http://www.TherapyWork.net[/url].

As soon as changed the website url in the general section of wordpress it seemed to erase, change, "not sure what it did" my admin access. So now, my site is working great but I cannot log in to my site. I run two instances of wordpress. one being the main and the other being a sub-directory /Jobs (jobroller). I realized this with the second updating attempt.

I tried the emergency PHP among other things and while it said it changed my password, it would go to a blank screen. I have no idea why. This is certainly not a jobroller glitch since it happened on my main site but does anyone have any experience with this at all? I may have to re-do my entire site, which I may not have a problem with, but it's a bit of work. I have back-ups but I am not sure I see a benefit to backups since i am going to have to change the links regardless.

Anyways...it seems there is a lesson to be learned. I will figure it out once I have everything fixed.

EDIT: as I preview this , I noticed it automatically linked the urls with the name The Welcome Mat even though I had changed it all to Therapy Work...odd.

Thanks
    You changed the urls from the database?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    yes i changed everything in all of the wordpress settings. as you can tell, the site is running fine, i just cannot log in for some incredibly odd reason. With that said I am not as knoweldegable of this stuf as i used to be, so i could of very well totally screed something up myself. regardless i am going to have to start over after about 2 months of posts, and everything else....sigh

Thanks
    Can I check your settings on the server. For this you need to send the data to access cPanel. You can do this by sending a private message.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    And now my computer just died on me.....lol

One of those days...

Thread Information