Thread: Paypal increased number of screens?

Thanks

Paypal increased number of screens?

I think paypal has gone and changed their process of accepting payments. It never used to be so many screens. Doing a test on my site, from the moment I was transferred to paypal to the moment I went back to my site after payment I ended up seeing 4 pages

Page 1. Paypal, 2 options login or pay via credit, then you click

Page 2. Review your information, shows your email and amount with pay nowm You click again

Page 3. Says you have completed your payment, shows transaction id and gives a button that says " Click here to publish your ad on "mysitename" You click 3rd time

Page 4. It says You have made a payment you will now be redirected in 10 seconds ( then popup says this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be ready by a third party. are you sure you want to continue to send this information with buttons continue or cancel You click a 4th time

Only then do you arrive back at the website

Seems like an awful lot of pages for a customer to wade through. Im pretty sure it used to be a 2 click process with paypal. The more pages they present the more chance the user is going to MESS UP as lets face it, a lot of people have limited understanding or patience for online things.

Has anyone heard of a way of shortening this click process of receiving payments through paypal.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I have not seen one yet but you may try asking paypal developer's support forum for that.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Found out I phoned paypal

Apparently they say it has not changed

But to shorten it you have to intergrate paypal into your site using their express cart. Oh well

Thread Information