Thread: What Backup Do You Recommend?

Thanks

What Backup Do You Recommend?

I'm just starting to use your themes and am very excited about how it will develop. However, in being a responsible website owner & operator I'm also looking into backup options - in the case the worse possible situation happens. I know you don't like to suggest one solution over another for many reasons. But I was wondering if you could give me some guidance as to what options you would consider that would work best with the themes you offer. There are several to choose from and I would like some suggestions or thoughts. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Some host features already include a backup facility of which you may do through the cpanel and some even use third party options such as those offered by R1Soft that retains 7 days of backup.

If your host does not offer this, there are also plugins that can do backup but I prefer the one from the host.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I use this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-dbmanager/ as my hosting service doesn't allow multiple backups to be stored on the server. Works great, and I've never had any problems.

Thanks
    I am using http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
    It allows to download a backup from the backend or let it send by email in regular intervals (unless your database is too big to be sent by email).

Thread Information