Thread: What files should I give to my Web Designer?

Thanks

What files should I give to my Web Designer?

I'm thinking of getting it partly re-styled/re-designed by a web designer. Just wondering what files should I be providing the designer? I don't want to provide the whole lot for obvious reasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Based on my experience in modifying/redesigning the theme, I think all files should be needed since there are theme functions in php that are called for or enclosed with css and are needed for the output.

Well, let's just call on the more experienced designers/coders to join the discussion and share their inputs.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Based on my experience in modifying/redesigning the theme, I think all files should be needed since there are theme functions in php that are called for or enclosed with css and are needed for the output.

Well, let's just call on the more experienced designers/coders to join the discussion and share their inputs.
    There must be at least one or two that I don't have to provide. I know it's bad to be paranoid but I don't want to get them a free classipress theme on top of what I paid them for.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    If the design is purely done with css then you won't have to give any file. Just let the designer modify your live site using firebug. You don't have to give him/her access to your admin. Just let him document the process so that he can provide a redesigned css. I have not yet tested this workflow but perhaps it will work since he can do it with a functional site. Also, he is not be restrained with codings or deal with php codes.

Again, it is just based on my ways of modifications and perhaps there might be some more efficient way to do it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    If the design is purely done with css then you won't have to give any file. Just let the designer modify your live site using firebug. You don't have to give him/her access to your admin. Just let him document the process so that he can provide a redesigned css. I have not yet tested this workflow but perhaps it will work since he can do it with a functional site. Also, he is not be restrained with codings or deal with php codes.

Again, it is just based on my ways of modifications and perhaps there might be some more efficient way to do it.

I'm hoping that html core attributes (id's, classes etc.) and generaly layout will not change in the near future. Otherwise it's going to be a pain to re-update.

Thread Information