Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ClassiAlerts Plugin - Send Daily, Weekly or Monthly Alerts from ClassiPress

Thanks
    Hello Mohsin,

All of my users are registered... would it be easy enough to pre-fill the email address with their email?
    Did this post help you? Did I save you time? Click Thanks!

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    For now, there is no other place other than the front end to add subscribers, so you will have to use the other plugin to collect data unfortunately. I can help you turn off notifications if you want. You can request a quote if you need any custom development for automising tasks between the plugin.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by saylon View Post
    Hi,
    1)No,having notifications or not, is not a problem.
    2)if i can get more info about users, other than email address via classialerts, that may be enough.
    i think classialerts do not have a profile page, so i would need a different way to collect other data.
    i just want to have more information about users and have them ability to subscribe some categories and get alerts related to that categories as classialerts does.

thank you for your patience, by the way

regards
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Hi ajamm,

The problem with sending alerts about relisted ads is that, relisting an ad does not affect the published date of the ad, but the bigger issue is about spamming. Ad listers have the ability to "stop" (manually expire) and "relist" their ads manually, which will include their ad in the next alert, they can do this multiple times and take advantage of this loophole. There is no way to get around this.

Can you please explain what you mean by "It does show new pages and posts"?

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by ajamm View Post
    Hello Mohsin,

Any comments on this?
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Good idea. This should be fairly easy, the logged in users will have their email address prefilled. I will send the mod for it a bit later and also include it for the next version.

If you have any other issues, feel free to get in touch via Skype at "mohsinoffline".

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by ajamm View Post
    Hello Mohsin,

All of my users are registered... would it be easy enough to pre-fill the email address with their email?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinoffline View Post
    Ad listers have the ability to "stop" (manually expire) and "relist" their ads manually, which will include their ad in the next alert, they can do this multiple times and take advantage of this loophole. There is no way to get around this.
    Hi Mohsin:

1.) Are you saying that when an ad is listed in CP, and then "paused," and "relisted"("action=restart."); this would place the ad at the top of other ads who had a later published date?
    2.)If this is true, what can we do to have the ads retain their original post date?
    3.)Can we not have pause and restart simply display the ad (published) or sent back to draft?
    4.) Why do we have to have code that changes the publish date? This opens up the theme to massive abuse. If this is true, what file and code can I change to simply NOT change the original post date?
    5.) When pausing the ad and restarting it,it does not "bank" the time the ad is paused does it? And then continue permitting the time to continue displaying the ad until all the displayed time is equivalent to the duration of the ad package selected?
    6.) And when this is done (see quote), ClassiAlerts will resend the ad in it's email list of ads?
    When in doubt: Read, Ask, Do. G+

Thanks
    Hello Mohsin,

Thanks!

Good idea. This should be fairly easy, the logged in users will have their email address prefilled. I will send the mod for it a bit later and also include it for the next version.
    @seoagent - Classialerts does not send update for relists by design it seems. The issues you raise are CP issues not issues with this plugin, so probably best to raise them in the CP forums.
    Did this post help you? Did I save you time? Click Thanks!

Thanks
    I am not saying that it happens, this was in reply to ajamm's query about including relisted ads in alert email generated by ClassiAlerts. I was explaining how people could abuse the system to get their ads to appear in email alerts as often as they want if we took included relisted ads in the email.

ClassiPress works as you would like it to already with regards to stop/starting and relisting ads, so no need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by seoagent View Post
    Hi Mohsin:

1.) Are you saying that when an ad is listed in CP, and then "paused," and "relisted"("action=restart."); this would place the ad at the top of other ads who had a later published date?
    2.)If this is true, what can we do to have the ads retain their original post date?
    3.)Can we not have pause and restart simply display the ad (published) or sent back to draft?
    4.) Why do we have to have code that changes the publish date? This opens up the theme to massive abuse. If this is true, what file and code can I change to simply NOT change the original post date?
    5.) When pausing the ad and restarting it,it does not "bank" the time the ad is paused does it? And then continue permitting the time to continue displaying the ad until all the displayed time is equivalent to the duration of the ad package selected?
    6.) And when this is done (see quote), ClassiAlerts will resend the ad in it's email list of ads?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

seoagent (November 7th, 2012)

Thanks
    The ClassiAlerts plugin has been updated to version 1.2 to work with ClassiPress 3.2. Plus a couple of changes:

- You can now set hourly alerts
    - Logged in users have their email address pre-filled in the email text box.

More about updates in this blog post:

http://themebound.com/classipress-3-...re-were-ready/

Regards,
    Mohsin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

seoagent (November 10th, 2012)

Thanks
    I would like to put the box "create alert" in the sidebar, below the "refine search".
    Please, how can I do this?

Thanks
    Hi Cordeiro,

The plugin allows you to place the "Call to Action" button anywhere on the page by adding a single line of code. I think you will need to place the code in includes/theme-refine.php.

Regards,
    Mohsin

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

seoagent (November 13th, 2012)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information