Thread: ClassiPress 3.1 conflict with Simple:Press 4.4.5

Thanks

ClassiPress 3.1 conflict with Simple:Press 4.4.5

Since upgrading to ClassiPress 3.1, I now have a strange glitch with the Simple:Press search drop down boxes.

Everything played nice before the upgrade. I am running the latest version of everything (WordPress, Simple:Press, ClassiPress) only change is the ClassiPress upgrade.

Here is a screenshot of the problem area:

There is obviously some sort of css conflict here. When I inspect the element with Firebug, it does show it is using the ClassiPress styling, but it is mixed with the Simple:Press styling as well. As a test I deleted the entire css in ClassiPress for "search drop-down values" and there still were issues, which leads me to believe there is something in the header of the new version of ClassiPress causing this.

Even when I disable the search feature in Simple:Press the ClassiPress style drop down boxes still appear, again further evidence that there is something in the header or somewhere else that is forcing this.

There must be some sort of new global treatment for all drop down boxes, but it is interfering where it shouldn't.

And yes, I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it, so I don't need that generic advice

Thanks
    Can anyone from AppThemes shed some light on this? I know all the CSS has changed for the search box drop downs, but why does it now interfere in this way?

Thanks
    Ok, so I have found that in ClassiPress version 3.1+ there has been a change to the theme-scripts.js file which adds this code:

Code:
    	/* style the select dropdown menus */

$('select').selectBox({

menuTransition: 'fade', // default, slide, fade

menuSpeed: 'fast'

});
    This is responsible for adding styling to all select drop down boxes globally. Only problem is that it interferes with other plugins or pages on the site that have a drop down box, as I described in the original post. If you remove that code the problem goes away, but of course breaks the ClassiPress drop down boxes.

Again I will ask support, is there a workaround so that this will not interfere with the rest of the websites stylings?

AppThemes advertises on Simpl:Press website, so you would think it would play nice together. As it works now it is not great and needs some sort of workaround so there is no interference.

Thanks
    Bumping this thread up again so maybe someone from support could at least acknowledge this issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    I am moving this thread to the Plugin Exchange section http://forums.appthemes.com/wordpress-plugin-exchange/ for community support.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use the full width template on my forum page, so the following works for me:
    PHP Code:
                function fn_destroy_select() {    if ( is_page_template('tpl-full-width.php') ) { ?>    <script type="text/javascript">    // <![CDATA[    jQuery(function() {        //jQuery('select').selectBox('destroy');        jQuery('#spMainContainer #spQuickLinksTopic .dd .ddChild, #spMainContainer #spQuickLinksForum .dd .ddChild').hide();    });        // ]]>        </script>    <?php }}add_action('wp_head''fn_destroy_select'40);
    but now the drop downs stay open, which from the code looks like default behaviour of Simple:Press, which I am sure I can use another hook to close. I will post the code for that if I'm successful.
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    The code isn't formatting well so, I have attached it.

I don't know how to delete attachments, please use the file with the smaller filesize.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    OK, here's the full code that worked for me, this should go in your child theme's functions.php. I am using the latest ClassiPress (3.1.9) and Simple:Press (5.1.4).

Note: My code will only work on forum pages which have full width template, but you may edit the condition to make it work on other pages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information