Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Multi-Level Fields – The Most Complete Multi-Region Solution for ClassiPress

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin,

Do you think the currently-released version of this plug-in will require code modifications to be responsive along with ClassiPress 3.3 (scheduled for a 3/29 release)? If so, are you planning to release an updated version with the modifications, or planning to provide a modification tutorial?

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin,

Does the latest version of this plugin work with ACFCP plugin (Advanced custom fields for classipress) by Dikiyforester? I sent you a PM on this as well but haven't heard back...

I really need to use ACFCP but your plugin is not compatible with it - will your latest version work with it or if not - do you have any plans to change it to make it compatible? Or can ACFCP work with your Citify or Statify plugins/themes maybe?

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin - I have found a bug with this plugin!! If the user is scrolling through the ads without selecting a region, then when they are on page3 of the ads and THEN select a region - nothing shows even though ads for this region exist. I think this is because the plugin is trying to return results on page3 of the region rather than filtering all ads by the region generally.

This is a problem, many users first look through ads generally before choosing to filter for their region. Can you please advise?

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi Renato,

I have figured out the problem on your server, it has to do with the Supercache plugin messing with the markup, flushing the cache makes it work.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by troiko View Post
    Hi moshin,

This dynamic multi level fields plugin of yours is absolutely great but just wondering if you can give some help because I can´t manage to put this working well.
    It does not create the three mandatory fields on the post an ad form also not working well when changing countries and cancelling locations.
    Already restore classipress 3.2, classiclean and Dynamic Multi-Level Fields to their original state and still not working properly.
    Can you or your teem help me out on this, I really need some help
    Wait to hear news from you.
    Regards
    Renato
    - - - Updated - - -

Hi almightyeric,

I can't be sure if the current plugin will require modifications, probably only with the popup being a bit smaller in width, it will not need anything else. All Themebound products will be updated if needed to work with any new version of the theme they are meant to work with.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

almightyeric (March 15th, 2013)

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi Nayyer,

I have tested the plugin with the ACFCP plugin and relayed my findings to dikiyforester, who has tested the plugins together for compatibility as well. We have not found any compatibility issues, and I think he will get in touch with you for access to your server, so he can test the find out what the problem is caused by.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Mohsin - I will re-test with the latest version of your plugin as I think this contains the fix to make it compatible.

Can you let me know on my other question, I think this may be a bug:
    "If the user is scrolling through the ads without selecting a region, then when they are on page3 of the ads and THEN select a region - nothing shows even though ads for this region exist. I think this is because the plugin is trying to return results on page3 of the region rather than filtering all ads by the region generally. (as the region specific ads only go to page1)

This is a problem, many users first look through ads generally before choosing to filter for their region. Can you please advise?"

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin,

I have not purchased the plug-in yet. I have tried the demo, though, and was unable to figure out the following:

On your demo site, you have country > state > city as the hierarchy. I can select "England" > "Berkshire" > "Reading", for example. When I select that country > state > city and browse listings, I see only the listings that were listed under "Reading", which I think is the basic idea of the plug-in. OK. When I create/add an ad, however, I do not see "England" > "Berkshire" > "Reading" pre-selected as the defaults in the new-ad form. Those fields show the default "select a ..." options (see screenshot below).

Here is my question:

Is there an option in your plug-in to make the currently-selected country, state, and city (being used for filtering when browsing the site) be automatically selected as the default for those fields when creating a new ad? If there is no such option, do you plan to add one - or have a recommendation for how I can implement it myself that won't conflict with your plug-in? (high-level description is OK)

add-new--default-city.jpg

Thanks
    Moshin
    so here is my problem;

my site is www.renthk.com
    I have 3 levels country, area and district
    When I select country and click on area it still says select a country first and no items in the drop down

please let me know how to fix it
    you can try yourself by posting an ad

thanks
    raj

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by almightyeric View Post
    Hi Mohsin,

I have not purchased the plug-in yet. I have tried the demo, though, and was unable to figure out the following:

On your demo site, you have country > state > city as the hierarchy. I can select "England" > "Berkshire" > "Reading", for example. When I select that country > state > city and browse listings, I see only the listings that were listed under "Reading", which I think is the basic idea of the plug-in. OK. When I create/add an ad, however, I do not see "England" > "Berkshire" > "Reading" pre-selected as the defaults in the new-ad form. Those fields show the default "select a ..." options (see screenshot below).

Here is my question:

Is there an option in your plug-in to make the currently-selected country, state, and city (being used for filtering when browsing the site) be automatically selected as the default for those fields when creating a new ad? If there is no such option, do you plan to add one - or have a recommendation for how I can implement it myself that won't conflict with your plug-in? (high-level description is OK)

add-new--default-city.jpg

Yes it does and this is how:

My form is Country/region/town.

My custom fields are cp_country/cp_region/cp_citytown - Two of these are classipress fields as standard. The other I created.

(If you buy the plugin - I highly recommend it)

Under classipress>ML Plugin Options settings you have a drop down which takes you to the 1st level or the 2nd level or the 3rd level.

Under all these three levels when one is selected you have this setting box:

1st level

ClassiPress Field

Attach to ClassiPress Field - cp_country
    Default Popup Option - Country

This is how you get it to pre-populate the ad form.

Do the same for yours based on the classipress fields you are using.

So for the second and third levels you need to use:

2nd level

ClassiPress Field

Attach to ClassiPress Field - cp_region
    Default Popup Option - Region

3rd level

ClassiPress Field

Attach to ClassiPress Field - cp_citytown
    Default Popup Option - City/Town

You need to make sure the custom fields you create (or if you use the existing ones) are populated with your chosen data for countries/regions/towns etc.

Regards

Bleem

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bleem For This Useful Post:

almightyeric (March 18th, 2013)

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin - any idea on this problem/bug please?

Quote Originally Posted by nayyer View Post
    Hi Mohsin - I have found a bug with this plugin!! If the user is scrolling through the ads without selecting a region, then when they are on page3 of the ads and THEN select a region - nothing shows even though ads for this region exist. I think this is because the plugin is trying to return results on page3 of the region rather than filtering all ads by the region generally.

This is a problem, many users first look through ads generally before choosing to filter for their region. Can you please advise?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread Information