Thread: FXtender for JobRoller1.6.2 Not able to upoload CV/Resumes

Thanks

FXtender for JobRoller1.6.2 Not able to upoload CV/Resumes

I have installed JobRoller 1.6.2
    Installed Pro Version of FXTender Pro

When I try to upload resume as a "Job Applicant" user, I am able to Select a Word File and Click Upload and then I dont see anythingf

Is there any configuration I need to do ? I am not able to see any logs.. Onething I noticed when I was trying th same on localhost is both of jr_fx_resume_post_id and jr_fx_upload_cv_file should be set (this is the case when I tested on my local machine) which is not happening on production.

www.rebuix.com

Thanks
    I got the same problem. I also tried to upload one resume and eventhough there is a message that it was successfully uploaded but I cannot see the uploaded files under "MY UPLOADED RESUMES".

Thanks
    My suggestion would be to post this in the main FXtender thread as it's pretty hard to keep track of the FXtender bugs across the whole forum. In the meantime, however, I'll also forward this thread to Sebet and make sure he takes notice.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the help tinygiant.

So this error has something to do with the fxtender plugin and not with the JR.

Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure, but seeing as Sebet is both the developer of FXtender and the lead developer on JobRoller - he'll be able to answer you questions

Thanks
    @merianda, I've noticed you're using a child theme. Please verify if you have the same behavior using the default JR theme.

I'll wait for your feedback.
    Checkout my products on the Marketplace.

Thanks
    I can confirm this error on brand new install of JobRoller and FXtender Pro plugin. Since this functionality (Profile Resumes) is a part of FXtender Pro, it must be a read error.

I can verify the following:

1) The resume file DOES upload to the correct folder on the server
    2) The path is stored in the database as _wp_attached_file in table
    3) The file DOES NOT show up underneath the My Uploaded Resumes header on the Job Seeker Dashboard => Resumes tab

So the files there, the DB listing is there, the output to dashboard is NOT. Query error? I'll dig in myself.

Thanks
    I'd second to move this thread to the FXtender Pro Plugin thread, but since it hasn't yet, I will post a quick update:

I was able to resolve my own issue of resumes not showing up in a users dashboard due to an error in a WP_Query structure.

In fxtender-pro/pro.php on line 1236 you have:

if ( $files = get_children( array('post_parent' => $my_query->post->ID, 'post_status' => 'inherit', 'post_type' => 'attachment', 'post_mime_type' =>'application', 'order' => 'ASC', 'numberposts' => 1) ) ) {
    The issue is that your "allowable extensions" include PDF, DOC, DOCX, ZIP, TXT, and RTF (from fxtender-pro/fxtender-pro-jobroller.php line 20)

Well, all of those are fine except that the mime type for a TXT file is "text/plain"

So your 'post_mime_type' query in the above code does not include looking for this mime type and thus will not find an acceptable resume file that happens to be a TXT.

Instead, I changed this line to read:

if ( $files = get_children( array('post_parent' => $my_query->post->ID, 'post_status' => 'inherit', 'post_type' => 'attachment', 'post_mime_type' => array('application','text/plain'), 'order' => 'ASC', 'numberposts' => 1) ) ) {
    and voila! It works!

Maybe in a future version of this plugin you could have a user controlled acceptable formats that can be pre-configured with the correct mime types and then setup this query to auto-generate a search array based on those configured formats.

Hope this helps someone!

Thread Information