Help installing xtremecarousel v1.2 slider plugin for ClassiPress 3.1.7
First: I am a new and have almost no coding knowledge.
I have downloaded and made active the xtremecarousel v1.2 slider plugin for ClassiPress 3.1.7 from classipro.com and watch the tutorial on how to insert the php.
What I think I was suppose to do.....
1. Went onto my admin and clicked the appearance editor ........./wp
-admin/theme-editor.php this gave me a right column where I am able to choose several different areas to edit. I made sure that the Classipress was in the header and not the stock wordpress themes
2. Found one that has index.php under it called Main Index Template listed below it was "(index.php)".
3. Click on this and found only:
* this file has intentionally been left blank
* to prevent directory browsing
Am I in the wrong place?
more info...using godaddy.com as a host and have my files stored on their site not my computer. (not sure if that matters).
I really would love some step by step help....anyone out there that can explain how to do this to a noob with no coding experience??? PLEASE!!