Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of support with custom plugins....

Thanks

Lack of support with custom plugins....

First off let me point out that this is a non appthemes rant.

I have had a few plugins which i have brought in my time since i signed up to appthemes and brought a classipress theme.

I have found that pre sale questions by these people who make these plugins are answered pretty quick. But aftersale support is somewhat lacking especially where upgrading the mods so they are compatiable with the lastest classipress release etc is slow.

Looking at the main site 3.1.9 was released on the 5/17/12 which was over a month ago. But yet my main theme mod (Grid Theme by Mr Green) has still yet to be updated. WTF..? http://store.places-finder.com/child-theme

My second rant is at the makers of this plugin http://wprabbits.com/product/classip...mage-uploader/ what a pile of doo that is. I mean you can't limit the amount of uploads for a start which could mean a customer could in theory upload 50 pics to your server even though you have your classipress site set to limit uploads to 6 per ad.. I mean WTF...? What a pile of carp that is. If you look on the site, it says an update is coming to rectify this, but the latest compatible version is ver 3.1.4...LMAO.

I have mailed both these people asking for answers but still no answer.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying thier plugins is don't bother unless you want to be stuck with something you can't use when appthemes update their version of classipress.

The only custom modders i can truely say does offer great aftersales support is moshinoffline and samcy, and samcy dosen't even charge for most of his...!!

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well that is good advice. I think appthemes shoud do a woo version that approve people who want to make plug in. I stop doing plug in since nobody buy mine

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    Aj,

I would agree with you, however, I would definitely disagree about Moshinoffline or whatever he is calling himself these days. We paid him hundreds of dollars to do a project for us and he then took what we paid him to do and was selling our project here. It's his statify plugin. He is dishonest and a thief.

Also, Appthemes doesn't have the best support neither, yet boasts their products that it can do this and that but in reality, it doesn't. I'm not trying to down grade Appthemes, rather, I and others was hoping for better support.

We have paid a lot of money to get our Classipress theme to work correctly, the way Appthemes intended it to work.

We also took a couple of things from Job Roller and Vantage and rolled it all into our Classipress theme.

Since Moshinoffline has screwed us by doing what he did to our project, we are going to revise that project into something he wished he would have thought of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    @aj270303 @thesyndicate

I am sorry to hear about your issues with the plugin developers i am going to inform the management about it and try to find a solution.

@pablocustodio

If you have unsolved problems with any of the themes (default install no mods) please post here the links to your the threads and we will try to help you.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dimitris i really do not have any issues with people making plug in for me i do them myself if i need any. BUT i am really really really tired of Vantage not working and waiting for another beta.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    dimitris,

You're several months late and over a thousand dollars short my friend, nothing personal!

thesyndicate,

We took some of Vantage ideas and paid someone to integrate and code it for us. You can list your business, customers can rate and comment on that business, and they can list their business as a FEATURED AD. Check it out by clicking on the Business List category: www.eddieslists.com

Thanks
    I believe the forum "Mods & Tutorials" is not the correct place for this discussion. The thread was moved to WordPress Plugin Exchange.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pablocustodio View Post
    Aj,

I would agree with you, however, I would definitely disagree about Moshinoffline or whatever he is calling himself these days. We paid him hundreds of dollars to do a project for us and he then took what we paid him to do and was selling our project here. It's his statify plugin. He is dishonest and a thief.

Since Moshinoffline has screwed us by doing what he did to our project, we are going to revise that project into something he wished he would have thought of.
    Hi.

I can only speak from personal experience pablo and can honestly say he has been great with me.

He came recommended from another user on these boards and i have been delighted with the work he's done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    100% Agree with that what aj270303 is saying!

Quote Originally Posted by aj270303
    Hi.

I can only speak from personal experience pablo and can honestly say he has been great with me.

He came recommended from another user on these boards and i have been delighted with the work he's done.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    Unfortunatley I can't say the same but for Appthemes to allow him to still participate in these forums along with selling something that we paid him and have all the emails to back it up and we gave it all to Shane "Operations Manager" for AppThemes or whatever his title is, well that says alot for AppThemes, the company itself.

Well, Karma happens and we believe that Karma is going to come around for Moshinoffline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information