Thread: Need help with IWG Hide Dashboard

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Need help with IWG Hide Dashboard

So I'm wanting to use the IWG Hide Dashboard plugin along with the Roll Manager plugin so I can prevent ClassiPress registered users from being able to access the WordPress dashboard - so when they try, it redirects them to their ClassiPress profile page but for the life of me I can't seem to get it working. If someone could comment with a detailed "how-to" on what to select, check, etc, that would be great. Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Re: Need help with IWG Hide Dashboard

Have you read the plug-in instructions?
    Have you assigned a 'Hide Dashboard' capability?
    Have you associated the 'Hide Dashboard' capability to the contributor role?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

@PointandStare: Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, I have done all that you suggested, even before I posted my question here on the forum. Maybe I don't completely understand how it's suppose to work. I thought once I did the above, if/when a user tried to access the wp-admin folder, it would redirect them to the 'my profile' page for the user, but what it's doing is redirecting to the WordPress user dashboard.

If that's the way this is suppose to work, then I guess that I did it correctly, if not, then I need to know how to get it redirecting to the 'my profile' page.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks

Is there a special reason you are using this plugin to acheave this? I use the WP Hide Dashboard plugin on my sites and its plug and play and does not require the Role Manager Plugin to use it.

Visit the plugin home page here:
    http://www.kpdesign.net/wp-plugins/wp-hide-dashboard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im not sure how IWG got recommended here.... Especially since its no longer in development and isn't guaranteed to work with WP 2.5+
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

I saw the recommendation for IWG & Role Manager at http://wpclassipress.com/resources/

I installed both but can't find any info on how to configure both plugins for classipress on this site.

Are both plugins still recommended?

Or, should we use wp-hide-dashboard instead?

Dave, please advise.

Thanks

use wp-hide-dashboard
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

We were told to set membership to Contributor.

If we use this plugin, how should we configure it?

On the plugin page, it says:

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I change this to hide the dashboard and tools menu and help options from other roles besides Subscriber?

To hide these from other roles, you will need to edit the plugin in a plain text editor and make the following changes:

* Subscriber ? Contributor:
    Change !current_user_can('edit_posts') to !current_user_can('upload_files')
    * Subscriber ? Author:
    Change !current_user_can('edit_posts') to !current_user_can('create_users')
    * Subscriber ? Editor:
    Change !current_user_can('edit_posts') to !current_user_can('manage_options')
    But I don't really understand what we are suppose to do. Please advise.

Thank you!

Thanks

Why would you want to hide all that from all roles? why have all those roles just have roles has subscriber since your treating them the same.

Thread Information