Thread: Payment gateway - sagepay

Thanks

Payment gateway - sagepay

Hi,

I started developing a sagepay payment gateway for classipress but gave up for a while as I decided to wait for version 3.1. Now it's been released, I've started up development again and the plugin is now complete (pending a few more tests!).

Features are:
    * Works with Sagepay Form Processing
    * Passes basket information to Sagepay
    * Can calculate VAT etc to send to Sagepay
    * Handles Payments and publishes adverts when payment is confirmed
    * Records successful payment in the transaction and also against a note on the advert itself (not visible to users, just admins)
    * Handles failed payments for whatever reason and records when / why failure occurred
    * Allows the payments to be made from the dashboard, not just when placing a new advert

If anyone is interested in using this plugin, please let me know.

Unfortunately it's not just a case of installing the plugin - because sagepay expects to be passed an address by default you will need to include a couple of fields with specific names which at this time are hard-coded into the plugin. It also doesn't look like there is an easy way to hook into the dashboard template so you'll need to do a little editing there (just a couple of lines). Finally, to fully support the sagepay success / failure messages you will need to upload another page template and change your add-new-confirm accordingly (one upload and one very simple change).

Classipress developers - if you want to integrate this then feel free. Just contact me and I'll happily share all code etc.

Thanks
    i never actually heard about sageway before. is it the same as PayPal and is available internationally? just curious.. regards..

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry, only just noticed this message. As far as I know, SagePay is only available in the UK and is an alternative to PayPal / WorldPay etc.

Thread Information