Thread: Stop Spammer Plug ins

Thanks

Stop Spammer Plug ins

Hello, I am loving my classipress website. The only issue I am having is the spammer registrations. I installed http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ations-plugin/ and it worked amazing for about a month. But I am noticing a few emails coming in again..this morning I had 4. I read here on the forum that some of you recommend WangGuard. Would you recommend that I install that too? Can I have two spammer plug ins on one site? Will they conflict? Will it slow down my site?

Also, I have all paid ads and the user does not have to register in order to comment, so I am wondering why I get these spam registrations if that is the case. Can they do any harm that I am unaware of internally?

When I see suspcious emails come in, I will wait a day or two and if they don't post an ad, I'll delete them. Not sure if that's the right thing to do but I am concerned by keeping them they could 'do' something? Can they?

Thank you for your time! Denise

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Register a few ads on your own and in that way you can see the people SPAM your other users.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    @lisab

Hi, we are experimented with one piece of PHP code against spamm registrations, and everything works fine.

In essence it is a simple question asked to user on the registration form. There are several answers right and wrong. The bot can not select the correct answer.

This script protects your registration page and will not interfere with anything. In addition, script is very small, simple and lightweight so do not will slow down your site.

How to add this code to your site - read in this thread http://forums.appthemes.com/spam-sig...99/#post186070

See this script live you can here http://acfcp.codedforest.com/wp-logi...ction=register (At the bottom of form above the submit button see label "Please answer the following anti-spam test:")

Good Luck, Denise!!!

Let me know if you will successfully use it!!!
    arthemes.org - AppThemes plugins, tutorials, modifications and services

Thanks
    Thank you dikiyforester. I am not very good at coding, but will check it out! =]

Thread Information