Very interesting because Nigeriads state modifications on the site at the time would only show all RECENT listings through a column on his home page.
Our projct went a lot little more:
1. We wanted the navigation to look exactly like Classipress dropdown Category menu --- keeping it uniform looking. Nigeriads has a static column on the front page.
2. Each state that is chosen, has it's own state categories so users could view only ad listings for that state. Nigeriads doesn't even come close to this because Nigeriads only shows recent listings. Ours shows Category listings and shows ad counts for that particular state, just as we requested.
3. Here is what is in your email:
From: Reload Web <email@example.com>
To: Pablo Custodio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:12 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: A comment from Pablo Custodio
OK, what is involved? We need to store the selected state in a cookie and modify all queries to only show results from the selected state, so the site becomes state-specific. The states can be switched from the category-like drop-down menu, so we will create the functionality. The cost of these changes will be $*****.
I see now, that is a completely different thing to what we did on NigeriAds.com.ng since once the site is state-specific, we will not need to do the mods we did on that site, the results will be filtered already and all the pages will only show results from the selected state unless the state mode is cancelled.
Now, if you require it to look like http://eddieslists.com/ which you say is your son's site and which I reckon is a quite heavily modified version, you will have to clone it for your site before we proceed to make our changes.
Please let me know your thoughts.
4. You never stated anything about a plug-in for OUR project in any of emails except when I asked you to let me know about the changes in the files. Besides, I don't nothing about the coding process, that's why I PAID for YOUR services to develop OUR project! You never mentioned anything about the requests for what you were doing for OUR project.
5. I've seen Nigeriads website but don't know who he is, and quite frankly, I don't care! My problems is with you and how YOU are selling OUR project on the market that we PAID you to do.
6. You even stated: I see now, that is a completely different thing to what we did on NigeriAds.com.ng since once the site is state-specific, we will not need to do the mods we did on that site, the results will be filtered already and all the pages will only show results from the selected state unless the state mode is cancelled.
7. You changed the terms of our agreement at the end of the project.
Perhaps, I am missing something here! Did WE not retain YOUR services for OUR project? YES! Did Negeriads retain your services to do OUR project? NO! Did we ask you to go beyond what we requested? NO! Did we tell you it was some GREAT work? YES! Did WE pay you for your services ?YES! Did WE ask for OUR money back after WE found out you were trying to double dip on OUR project? NO! Did YOU offer our money back and everything else you have on the market for FREE? YES!
I uppercase certain words so YOU would understand that it was a project between YOU and US, not Nigeriads or anyone else!
I hope you have alot of money Mohsin, you're going to need it!