Thanks

Re: Custom theme request

Sure. The navigation is set up like this:

Code:
    <div class="listingContainer">
    			<div class="cats">
    				<h3 class="forsale">For Sale</h3>
    				<ul>
    					<?php wp_list_categories('child_of=1&title_li=&hide_empty=0&depth=1'); ?>
    				[/list]
    				<h4 class="viewall">View Everything For Sale</h4>
    			</div>
    		</div>
    So each category is wrapped within a div class of "listingContainer" and a div class of "cats". You could get away with just wrapping each in a class of "cats" but this second div allowed me to float the menus properly. The h3 has a class so I can use image replacement for the titles (since I am using a non-standard font for the header).

The important part is:
    Code:
    <ul>
    	<?php wp_list_categories('child_of=1&title_li=&hide_empty=0&depth=1'); ?>[/list]
    This prints out all of the sub-categories within a specified category:
    Code:
    'child_of=1
    tells wordpress to print all subcategories that are children of a category with the id of '1'. So that number ('1') will change but the rest of the code can stay the same for each list you would like to print.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Awesome, thanks heaps!

Thanks

Hi,

where exactly does that piece of code go if I wanted to implement it into my website?

Thanks

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Nice theme! Very clean and neat! Do you have a demo set up that we can look at? Got a copy? I'd like to play around with it a bit and see how you did it...

Thanks

What happend to this thread!? It got really interesting then it just stopped. What's the progress of the theme?

Thanks

It's easy to make new themes for wordpress/classipress but I sorta came to the same conclusion it would be wrong to sell them, I can do it for myself of course, but only the css and html is mine, I cant sell the code that David wrote and has the rights to, basically everything that makes classipress function in the background. And if I sold themes, should I ask the price of classipress again seen as I had to make it work again in a new theme or should I just charge the hours it took me to do the css around it? How do I know you have a license if I'm selling themes from classipressthemes.com or whatever? I'm effectively reselling the entire classipress package AGAIN as it's nothing more then a glorified theme for wordpress, or in the above case, a new css theme with Davids copyright wordpress coding doing the work in it.

Paid themes for another functional paid theme are just not possible unless all template code was GPL'd or free from <? to ?> and you could do what you like with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    It's easy to make new themes for wordpress/classipress but I sorta came to the same conclusion it would be wrong to sell them, I can do it for myself of course, but only the css and html is mine, I cant sell the code that David wrote and has the rights to, basically everything that makes classipress function in the background. And if I sold themes, should I ask the price of classipress again seen as I had to make it work again in a new theme or should I just charge the hours it took me to do the css around it? How do I know you have a license if I'm selling themes from classipressthemes.com or whatever? I'm effectively reselling the entire classipress package AGAIN as it's nothing more then a glorified theme for wordpress, or in the above case, a new css theme with Davids copyright wordpress coding doing the work in it.

Paid themes for another functional paid theme are just not possible unless all template code was GPL'd or free from <? to ?> and you could do what you like with it.
    Maybe you can talk to David about possibly bundling your css design with a license. So for example a new user could buy your design and a license for say 100 bucks versus 70 and/or offer the design as an addition once a license has been verified.

Thanks

That would make sense. Ask to get it bundled.

Or post a step by step tutorial on how someone should go about editing classipress theme for themselves, even just to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

Thanks

Is there anything like a 'classipressthemes.com (not live, I checked)' site that people are offering themes yet?

Or David perhaps you could offer many more theme options and sell them? or delevelopers sell them to you to offer to your customers.. something would be nice to see to make this expand.
    Steve R
    405Media.com
    Printing - Design - Web

Thanks

Starting with v30 i will have a classipress themes site.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information