Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enable email alerts by category for classipress

Thanks

enable email alerts by category for classipress

I've read the forums and seen this question come up a few times.

What I need for my classipress site is the ability for customers coming to the site to be able to set up email alerts when ads are placed in certain categories and subcategories. Ideally the customer can choose to get alerts for multiple categories/sub-categories.

I've seen people mention the subscribe 2 plugin but I don't think you can modify it to receive alerts from specific categories, my understanding is that you will be alerted whenever any new ad is placed on the site which is not ideal.

Firstly is there a plugin that can do what I want

Secondly if not, would someone be interested in taking on this project to provide my website with this capability as a paid for job.

Thanks,

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi gcamilleri,

We are going to release a new plugin in a couple of days that accomplishes exactly what you are looking for. It will let your users subscribe to any category or search criteria and will get alerts for new ads posted withing that criteria. It will allow your users to unsubscribe easily and you will be able to set the intervals between each alert. You can see the demo here on this website: http://www.reloadweb.co.uk/classilab...ategory/autos/ . You will see a get alerts box on all the category and search pages.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin,

That's great work. I will keep an eye out for it when it becomes available.

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin ,

I think I have the same need as gcamilleri.
    I need to have a email alert base on criteria. The user do a search and can subscribe to an alert with the criterias he already choose.
    And when someone post an ad which contains the criterias, an email is send to the user.

Do you confirm that your plugin will do this?
    It will be possible to send HTML email?
    Do you know the price of this plugin?

Regards

Thanks
    Hi mehdicherfi,

It won't send an instant alert when someone posts an ad, you as a site owner will set the interval to either daily, weekly or monthly (don't want it to be too annoying). The plugin comes with a very cleanly designed HTML email template but you can use your own template with the shortcodes we will provide on the plugin options screen. The price of the plugin is not yet decided, but will most likely be $39. There will be a $5 discount code given exclusively to the forum users.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by mehdicherfi View Post
    Hi Mohsin ,

I think I have the same need as gcamilleri.
    I need to have a email alert base on criteria. The user do a search and can subscribe to an alert with the criterias he already choose.
    And when someone post an ad which contains the criterias, an email is send to the user.

Do you confirm that your plugin will do this?
    It will be possible to send HTML email?
    Do you know the price of this plugin?

Regards
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinoffline View Post
    Hi mehdicherfi,

It won't send an instant alert when someone posts an ad, you as a site owner will set the interval to either daily, weekly or monthly (don't want it to be too annoying). The plugin comes with a very cleanly designed HTML email template but you can use your own template with the shortcodes we will provide on the plugin options screen. The price of the plugin is not yet decided, but will most likely be $39. There will be a $5 discount code given exclusively to the forum users.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Will there be any options to send a generic e-mail to all registered users..? Say for example a company approached us to mail all users with an offer they are currently doing.

Thanks
    Hi aj270303,

No it can't be used to send generic emails, it's not entirely unthinkable but that would just run up the cost of the plugin, which I am trying to keep as much affordable as I can. May be in the future as an upgrade, who knows.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    ClassiAlerts is available now from Themebound.com. Please follow the link below for details, screenshots and discount code.

http://forums.appthemes.com/classial...-alerts-31477/

Thanks
    Hello. Your plugin will be upgraded if classipress theme is updated? Tk.

Thanks
    Yes, we update all our products regularly and make it compatible with any new versions of ClassiPress.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information