Thread: Google Map more precise location / specific address

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Google Map more precise location / specific address

I'm new to Classipress... the map feature is really neat

however, how to make an user to show on th emap a specific address and not just a generic placemark to a city, town, neighborhood? or can users adjust map details later and center the map on the correct location?

is there a simple way to achieve this?

thanks and best wishes of happy new year!

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Google Map more precise location / specific address

Incase anyone else was wondering there is a great tool for people who use Classipress for location/realty/accommodation websites.

http://www.walkscore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - FREE

It is great for getting what attractions/landmarks and selling points are close to that specific location. Giving you a great integrated map to show on your website.

Not sure if it is available in all areas but it has most major countries covered

Check it out!

Thanks

Thanks for the link Konvict.

Il Gatto, I don't use the map feature personally so I'm not sure about it. Have you managed to find a solution in the meantime?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

i'm using walkscore as suggested by Konvict, woks great... you can pass the same location string as in the user custom field input and will return an identical result as the main google map - you can actually remove the standard google map with this or, if you're not bothere can keep both

it doesn't do exactly what I wanted.... but haven't find any better

I tried passing two custom fields one with text input and another with a drop down, to restrict the map query to a more precise result - sometimes works but sometimes makes google maps puzzling about the address and returns odd results so I'm advising you not waste your time with this solution

I guess to answer my original question it takes some good knowledge (and integration) of Google Maps APIs, something I don't have

Thread Information