Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets put some money together for a regional search in Classipress

Thanks

Lets put some money together for a regional search in Classipress

Hey Classipress users,

it seems as if many of us are urgently waiting for a reagional search feature in Classipress. Since it wasn't in the 3.1 update as many expected and waited for I'm now trying to bringt this matter a step further on my own:

It shouldnt be too complicated to program something like a regional search that gives users the chance to sort adds by city or zipcode. It also shouldnt be too complicated to add a feature for admins to add the cities and zipcodes that can be searched - which is needed, since not all of us use Classipress for the US.

What would you think if we put some money together for a development like this, look for a programmer here or on elance for example and make this happen?
    We could even sell the final mod to other Classipress-users afterwards.

It should be possible to agree on the features needed, the programmer and the price. He could than put the project on kickstarter for example to collect the money.

Please let me know what you think.

Yours,
    Nikolaus

Thanks
    Agree to this!!!!
    I think the best it is making a REAL ADVANCED search like this Coches de ocasión y de segunda mano
    I have the programmer, I have the hours to complete, I have the price (not really cheap), I can get involved into this... but we need to pay it together or it is imposible to have it done.
    Hope to hear from all ClassiPress users together.
    Best regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    I'm down! Let me know the price and how many people will be involved. Shouldn't be a problem if there is are few members who contribute.

It would be nice if the website would remember where the person is from like on the gum tree. I use the South African gum tree and it will always remember my last saved city for when I revisit later. I still have the opportunity to change this if need be.

Thanks
    Hi coza,
    The plugin I'm planning to get involved it is NOT about caching the country where you are from, it is simply a better search... not only better but maybe THE BEST SEARCH ever made for WordPress so this needs hours to develop and that's money involved too.
    I can not tell the price yet since I need to see all possibilities, all factors, all aspects involved so maybe next week I can update this info.
    Best regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    I defer to agree that a comprehensive search feature can be built around CP.

To simply put it in layman's language, what you shall input - thats the output you shall get. You can't aim for the moon from a search feature built around CP. Let's be realistic. This is a far fetched idea if someone decides to build it around CP.

I definitely like the idea @rubencio has suggested via this link - Coches de ocasión y de segunda mano - Such a feature can be possible only if organized inputs are taken from users and organized select queries are fired. This is possible say if individual industry verticals are targeted and search specific to that industry developed.

If one needs to build searches like the one @rubencio discusses, then you will need to have customized forms in exactly the same format for everyone - only then can a single search work for all.

I have worked on such a search query in aspx but wordpress is a totally different ball game. We need to understand the limitations even from WP perspective.

I am not trying to put up a gloomy picture over here, but to be realistic - its difficult not impossible. It can be done but around CP is my doubt.
    Domain and Hosting - http://www.hadnow.com
    Clipper - http://www.bargainnext.com

Thanks
    I want to have this separate from CP since dev team make updates as they want (two last main updates worked this way 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 & 3.0.5 to 3.1) and stuff working in previous versions are simply useless in the next one... so the best idea it is to have an advanced search completely separated from ClassiPress theme. This must be a plugin that simply creates "forms" to make your custom search selecting custom post types involved, categories, custom fields, keywords, autocomplete, and organizing them "almost" perfectly to fit your needs. Also the refreshing number of ads in the "search" button depending your selections it is planned to have it but I can not give more details since this is a hard task... PRETTY HARD to prepare, organize, find contributors (people willing to pay before even to start coding) and finally achieve it.
    Regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 999 Posts
    I belive this could have been achieved faster if Classipress used custom taxonomies instead of custom fields

Thanks
    That's for sure!
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiubica View Post
    I belive this could have been achieved faster if Classipress used custom taxonomies instead of custom fields

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    CLASSIPRESS ADVANCED SEARCH it is finally here!
    ... not all the future features included yet but actually FULLY FUNCTIONAL!

Demo here --> CLASSIPRO :: CHILDTHEMES, PLUGINS & SERVICES FOR CLASSIPRESS
    Regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    hi @rubencio. The intension is great. the trial so far is great. But I have doubts with regards its usability.

It would make sense if you have filtered results, like if i select country, related state/ region show up, if i select state/region related cities show up and if i select cities related street shows up then yes this would be a really usable plugin.

As of now I feel there is lot of scope for improvement.

Wishing you all the best.
    Domain and Hosting - http://www.hadnow.com
    Clipper - http://www.bargainnext.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information