Thread: Check Box option

Thanks

Question Check Box option

similar to the drop down, text area and text box - can we have the check box option where in the customer can selcect multiple categories in a field...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    It is not yet a current feature but perhaps in the next iterations of Classipress since several users are asking for it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jomarkosabel For This Useful Post:

mittapally (July 20th, 2010)

Thanks

Almost done with Checkboxes option

When I have this complete in the next day or so, hopefully, I will post.

What I have so far is that I can go into the Custom Fields builder and select a "Checkbox" option and then put in a comma limited string of things, give it a name and title and save it.

Then I can go to the Custom form builder and this Custom Field (with multiple checkbox values) will show up. I can add it to the Form for a certain Ad category and it acts just like any other Custom field.

When the Ad Form shows up I have as many Multi-selection checkboxes as I created and added to the Custom Form. One checkbox may be for checking off Rental Property options, another may be for checking off Property Amenities....etc.

Once the ad is submitted the displayed ad shows the values as Unordered lists of text options which I am CSS-ing into bordered boxes. I want the information from checkboxes to display in boxed lists in a separate place below the pictures.

Two things left to do....
    1. make sure that the Edit Ad Page for a regular user (not Admin rights) can display the already checked values and if they are re-selected in the Edit Page that they still save in an array the way they do when the Ad is first created.
    2. exclude just the Checkboxes from being returned in the Custom Fields list function so that the information is not repeated on the Ad page.

I will post the steps to get this all working in another day or so.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

mittapally (July 22nd, 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    It is great to hear that you have work it out yourself and definitely a useful mod for the rest of Classipress users who wants to have the feature in the mean time.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I've created two functions which I call on the single-default.php Single Ad display page.

One function separates just my checkbox custom fields from all the other custom fields and outputs them as unordered lists with a label or title down below the pictures and above the Bookmarks.

Such as:

Property Amenities

. Covered garage
    . Gated and fenced
    . Gardener
    . Viscious watchdog

House Extras
    . Front door with lock
    . Back door with lock
    . Curtains to hide from nosy neighbors
    . Carpeted stairs leading to second floor
    . Bathrooms with running water and soap

When the ad displays online the ad will display the usual Custom fields on the top right next to the pictures....such as

Street: 23 Skidoo
    City: Manchester

etc, etc...the usual display....EXCEPT that any custom fields that are checkbox values are NOT displayed here because I am reserving them to show in the method I describe above.

I see 3.0.3 is on its way but I don't see improvements listed regarding expanding Form Fields.

Now I have to make sure these custom checkboxes can be edited by the user later.

Will report back in another day or so.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

mittapally (July 23rd, 2010)

Thread Information