Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Checkbox option for custom fields

Thanks
    Herb_ I can confirm that this will not be in 3.1 if I/we don't pay for it to be developed. Thats what my hole previous post was all about. My appologies if its not that clear.

Thanks
    In that case I'll keep working in my Advanced Search for ClassiPress plugin... but after the 3.1 update since I need to see the changes they'll make.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by louise View Post
    Herb_ I can confirm that this will not be in 3.1 if I/we don't pay for it to be developed. Thats what my hole previous post was all about. My appologies if its not that clear.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    How will the advance search helps custom form layouts by adding checkboxes? Excuse my ignorance but I have an excuse. I am new here.

Thanks
    I wasn't referring concerning the form layout checkboxes but custom fields + custom post types

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks

I am confused

Rubencio, I understand that you are talking about an Advanced Custom fields search and whatever that you are developing.

But you are saying this in a thread called "Checkbox Option for custom fields"

So, what is it that you are adding to THIS discussion.

Me estoy confundido acerca de su participación en el tema Foro de casillas de verificación cuando se sigue hablando de su plugin, como si se trata de una solución a la problema de casillas de verificación.

As for the CHECKBOXES issue--

Yes, I have done some mods to some files that give me this option.

I was thinking of doing a Tutorial of how to do this using the CHILD theme approach as far as putting the functions into a separate functions file, that according to Wordpress loads before the ClassiPress functions which is in the theme path.

So, according to Child theme things I have been reading you still get the ClassiPress functions file working while adding on a separate functions file that could be accessed for just the Checkboxes.

But, reading that ClassiPress is coming out with their own version of checkboxes and radio buttons, I thought maybe I should hold off and not muddy the waters with my Checkboxes mod. And I only needed checkboxes so I did not add radio buttons at this time.

According to Scarstens the fundamental changes the development team is making for 3.1 will disable some plugins.

Unless they completely change the DATABASE fields, for instance in wp_meta, my checkboxes mod should still work in a child theme mode.

Nevertheless, I am not on the development team and do not have the skill level to qualify anyway. I just look at the backend functions, look at the databases, and tweak things from there.

My mod works...I can add ten thousand different checkbox forms from the Custom Fields creator and then add them to the category forms and away we go.

So, I am torn whether to interfere with a mod that will most likely not be coded the same way as whatever arrives in 3.1 or 3.2.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by louise View Post
    @louise I'm not sure where you get your information from, but scarstens who replied in this thread above your post is part of the development team and he has stated we will be seeing at least a simple version of checkboxes and radio buttons in 3.1.. I would take his word as good authority on the topic of what will and won't be included in CP releases..

Quote Originally Posted by scarstens View Post
    Checkboxes (choose many) AND Radio Buttons (choose 1) are both listed as features that will be available in CP 3.1 *the next release.

More advanced search options will also be available in CP 3.1.

Be carefull purchasing these "plugins" from people developing on versin 3.0.4 because everything changes in version 3.1 since we have already converted ClassiPress to use custom post types (yet another feature of version 3.1). I know for a fact the search plugin won't function because you have to tell wordpress which "post type" and "category type" you want to search through.

Hopefully I'll be allowed to show some "teaser" screenshots of 3.1 during the development process if david lets me.

Quote Originally Posted by scarstens View Post
    Heh, I can't promise ALL that in one update, but I'll make sure a simple version of checkboxes and radio buttons is possible as I mentioned. As for 3.1, its "scheduled" for late September but may take a bit longer as testing the new features (and the old ones) with the new custom post types will likely take some additional time.

Thanks
    Pepsi I got my information from scarstens. I belive that PM's are exactly that PRIVATE but yes this hole issue is cofusing for me too. Less than 24 hours after that post I got a PM stating that it will not be in 3.1 and if I want it there then I can pay the lesser amount as David will sponser $100. Why must I pay for the development of something that is clearly needed by anyone who want to have a decent add site. Am I unreasonable ???

Thanks
    Thanks Louise for bringing the heads up on the PMness...

I don't really know what to make of many things about Classipress, it's a wild script, but I like to offer some words of encouragement anytime it seems to be heading where I like it, and Seth stating that multi-checkbox custom field functionality was coming in 3.1 is good to hear.

Maybe there is some difference in sophistication of implementation between what CP Developers can knock out by 3.1, and what exactly you are seeking?

Thanks
    There was apparently some sort of mix-up so I'm going to just cut to the chase.

3.1 WILL include checkbox fields as an option. No cost to anyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dcowgill For This Useful Post:

destacamos (June 22nd, 2011)

Thanks
    Just to tease you all, I just finished building the "basic" version of this feature into the 3.1 beta. In 3.1 you will have radio buttons and checkboxes. Bet you just can't wait for it to come out now! : )

Unfortunately like I tried to explain to louise, who seemed to take my PM out of context, the display of the new custom fields isn't going to be anything special.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scarstens; September 15th, 2010 at 04:27 AM.
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scarstens For This Useful Post:

julien81 (December 8th, 2010)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information