Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modify All Custom Field Descriptions

Thanks

Re: Modify All Custom Field Descriptions

Hi, thanks for the update Seth.

tbase

Quote Originally Posted by scarstens
    Item name creates the word press post title which IS required to save the post on word press. This will never be optional. And no, in 3.0.3 there will not be new options relating to the form layout.
    [CENTER]

TreasureValleyBusiness.com

[/CENTER]

Thanks

Multiple checkboxes are ALREADY ENCODED into ClassiPress. They are used in the Dashboard to query and array the Parent Categories and sub-categories in the Form building process itself.

When we make a new Form in the ClassiPress Admin area it is a dynamic checkbox that displays all of our Categories and allows us to select or unselect which categories will apply to which forms we build.

Dynamic Checkbox code is ALREADY coded into ClassiPress 3.0.2! I can see it sitting there minding its own business in a php file. Release it from captivity! Broaden its young horizons so it can be of further service to mankind, particularly those who have bought ClassiPress.

Please break out this functionality and duplicate it in the Custom Fields OPTIONS, please.

Or build an ADMIN PLUGIN that when installed allows us to drag in Form fields like widgets, or simply activate Checkboxes.

What should really be in ClassiPress is the ability to also create
    1. individual checkboxes,
    2. individual radio buttons,
    3. multiple checkboxes, and
    4. multiple radio buttons.

The multiple checkboxes and multiple radio buttons ought to take their values the same way the Dropdown option does.

Comma separated values that create the Dropdown can just as easily create the Select Options for checkboxes.

And the final output in an ad from those checkboxes or radio buttons ought to be formatted unordered lists.

Thanks

yes that does "sound" fantastic and easy when you say it like that.

While I agree it would be fantastic, easy is far from the equation. the ability to setup all types of form elements is definitely something thats in the works for Classipress but I wouldn't expect to see it until the next "major" release which would be 3.1
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Thanks
    Has any new info come of this? I really need to include a description with my fields to give customers some direction so I don't have to fix their ads all the time.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    As above, is there any more news in regards to a proposed implementation time frame?

Thanks
    This is still being discussed within the development team so I haven't got an update yet, but I will follow up..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information