Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the next version will have regions?

Unregistered

the next version will have regions?

Hello, i just want to ask when is going to be out next version and if it will include the show by region mode.

im just waiting this to buy it
    Last edited by pepsi; August 29th, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Not yet a current feature but perhaps in the next major release of Classsipress depending upon the number of users requesting for it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Hi, you said that this request is "depending upon the number of users requesting for it"...
    Sorry to say that but this feature don't have to come from a user request. Every well coded classified ads website MUST (yes I said MUST) have a region filter for custom search! It's normal that all users expect for this feature! Did you count how many asked for it ? Come on...

Just read that:

[ I'm a car seller (appthemes.com) and you want to buy a new car (WP Classipress theme) ]

Buyer: "Hello, how much does this model cost?"
    Seller: "The Small Business car is only 99$."
    Buyer: "Wow nice, here is the money, now I'm impatient, I want to drive my new car!"
    Seller: "Thanks for purchasing this car Mr Fish. You can go home with your new car right now"
    Buyer: "But... wait a minute, it only has 2 wheels... every car has 4 wheels , am I wrong?"
    Seller: "We don't know yet, maybe the next model will come with 4 wheels"
    Buyer: "But I can't drive my car... "
    Seller: "Yeah but you can watch it. Just be patient Mr Fish "

Very professional huh?...

one word: PATHETIC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to conscofd For This Useful Post:

3mounika (May 31st, 2012)

Thanks
    I respect your opinion and comparison between a car and a software development.

This forum has Feature Request section of which I have yet to see any activities relating to the requested feature. You may want to start something for it or bump it so that the developers will prioritize it.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; August 23rd, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    It was just an image for the car but I think it was a good choice for the comparison. Don't worry, i looked at the threads relative to this feature, and I decided to post it here because it was the right place: just look at the title, so catching!. I saw some posts from you (no offense) and you explained that the wp_custom_search plugin worked well for you. But I thought i would be natural to share he solution and explain your "different search query", because lots of users (me too, it's not a shame) tried a fresh install of WP, a fresh install of CP and a fresh install of WP custom search plugin, and didn't manage to make it work with no modifications. So telling that something worked "just fine" for you and keep the solution SECRET (ahaha) is a PATHETIC behaviour too

Again, no offense but all of that is true.

Thanks
    Oh sorry I forgot. The important thing in my first post is not the car story but the first paragraph... is this pathetic, i don't think so, just look and major classified websites. oops. I respect the developers and time they give to their projects but this is just a logic that i don't understand, that's to say: sell a car with 2 wheels.

Thanks
    I am just using your word. Anyway, no offense whatsoever and I am not keeping any secret the plugin works out of the box on my installation.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; August 23rd, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    Dear Jom...,

In the post where you said it worked for you (http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...1452#post41452), i asked if you can attach your theme-widget.php and theme-functions.php files so we can compare and see what wrong with ours.

Why dont you just do that?

We understand that you are nor a liar, but why dont you share?

I saw it is working in your site (at URL REMOVED). This is something that a LOT of users are asking for.

This is discussed in a lot of topics, and i'm sure Classipress doesnt sell more because of this. If you found the solution, please share it.

What kind of moderator doesnt want CP to sell more????

I wont use the word pathetic, but i really think you should share.

For everybody that is trying to make this work, i have an idea (maybe stupid, but it is my idea): If the plugin "WP Custom Field Search" works well in WP, but it doesnt in CP, means that there is a conflit between the conflit and CP, right?

What about if we try to just forget the CP search functions, and put back the standard WP search before installing the plugin?

I'm not a coder, but this mey do sense....

Thanks
    António
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; August 23rd, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Now you are flaming this. Yes the plug-in works at my end and it did not work on you perhaps because of a different server set-up. I have already mentioned that the plugin works at default and out of the box. No modification to the theme or the functions.php. Even with that you want to see my codes and just short of saying that you want me to do it for you. Why would I keep it secret and if you check my previous posts I am more than willing to share what I know.

I have removed the word pathetic on my previous post so as not to flame this thread but I now I say it again that sometimes it is very pathetic to spoon feed anyone with solutions that can be found online.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; August 23rd, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    I would really love this Region Search feature...

How can we request this feature?
    Submit Support Ticket?

or are these post here sufficient?

Thanks for your guidance.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information