Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old 2.9 front page ad listing option with filters

Thanks

Re: Old 2.9 front page ad listing option with filters

Wouldn't it be easier to just keep using 2.9?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

I'm on the wagon here too.

Need (if nothing else) the "sort" function for headers.

I've been playing around with my own customization of 3+ but am stuck with these header things.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

Feature request being submitted for consideration. I will update this thread with any comments/feedback as it becomes available. Thanks.

Thanks
    So 3.0.3 is out and all the requests for bringing back the 2.9.2 listing view were unanswered. I mean there must have been two dozen posts from people requesting it since 3.0 came out.

What is the reason why this is being ignored?

thanks
    s

Thanks
    The ClassiPress releases that have come out since 3.0 have all been minor fix releases, and the next major release due is 3.1.. Generally the new big features don't come out in a minor release..

In terms of people wanting the theme to look like the old theme, well I think this is probably something that is going to come under the topic of creating child thmes, as it's unlikely that the theme would go backwards and change back to the old layout. But in saying that, topic of a filter is something many people are interested in and I will chat to the development team to find out if there is any progress on this kind of feature.

Thanks
    That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pepsi for being the voice of the customers!
    -s

Thanks
    Haha thanks, I'm doing my best

Anyway, to update, I have discussed the topic of search and filters with the development team and they have confirmed that this is high priority on their list of things to do. At this stage all I can say is that there will definitely be some enhancements made to the search feature in 3.1, although I don't have the specifics about exactly how it will improved yet. If for some reason they aren't able to fully implement all that they are aiming for in 3.1, then it will certainly be an ongoing project with further improvements to continue..

Thanks
    Thanks for the update pepsi - any further info on what sort of search filtering updates will be included in 3.1?

Cheers,
    Kim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information