Thread: Porting FormBuilder Plugin to Classipress?

Thanks

Porting FormBuilder Plugin to Classipress?

I want to convert one of my sites into a Vacation Rentals site.

The form builder does not represent all the normal options of a form to record and display information.

For instance, on a typical property listing such things as Amenities are multiple options (cable tv, dishwasher, washer, dryer, high speed internet access, WIFI....etc) represented in an array of Radio buttons or checkboxes, which are not supported in the ClassiPress form builder.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/formbuilder/ seems to be an excellent plugin to offer all kinds of customizing but from what I can tell of the ClassiPress Form folder step-functions and step php files there is only one form, as defined by ClassiPress, with its limited text, text area, and drop-down options which do not work for an array of values that are needed as clickables or selectables in both the user add post form and the eventual page display.

I am wondering if it would be possible to install FormBuilder as a plugin, activate it, set it up with different forms depending on Ad categories, and place a function in the ClassiPress dashboard through the step-functions.php file that allows us to select the FormBuilder as the master or default form builder instead of the ClassiPress method?

This value would be stored and in the Form/step1.php and the relevant follow-on "step" files the FormBuilder values would be substituted both in the initial build of the Ad and the calling up of the FormBuilder values.

Looking at the FormBuilder php files and ClassiPress it seems that there are two ways to get FormBuilder functionality into the ClassiPress installation--the one I mentioned seems kind of a shortcut to the other way of wholesale importing of FormBuilder into ClassiPress core files.

Thanks

Re: Porting FormBuilder Plugin to Classipress?

I see that FormBuilder has a php function like this installable in a template file.

Code:
    <?php
    // Formbuilder manual form display. Replace the # in the following line with the ID number of the form to be displayed.
    if(function_exists('formbuilder_process_form')) echo formbuilder_process_form(#);
    // End of FormBuilder manual form display.
    ?>
    So, if FormBuilder was installed and set up with all necessary Category specific forms and recoded and substituted at line 94 in step1.php instead of the following:
    Code:
    <?php echo cp_show_form($_POST['cat']); ?>
    something like?
    Code:
    <?php if(function_exists('formbuilder_process_form')) echo formbuilder_process_form($_POST['cat']);?>
    Of course, the Formbuilder code would have to be tweaked to grab the desired cp_category of all categories already created and store that value when the Formbuilder Form is first created and saved.

Something like that as a first step?

Let Formbuilder store the values as XML that it validates with its own procedures and then return those values so that ClassIpress can continue with the ad submission process.

Formbuilder already has a function for grabbing the form array and sending it by email, so a similar function is doable to retrieve the Ad and User specific data if a User wants to edit it.

Of course the experienced PHP gurus will see the further complexity needed to marry these two form methods together but it is, I am sure, doable.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Porting FormBuilder Plugin to Classipress?

As I know it will be better to port PHP Form Builder to Wordpress plugin.

Thread Information