Thread: Ad Packs for categories

Thanks

Ad Packs for categories

Seems no matter which way I try to configure the pricing system it seems extremely limited.

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I understand correctly that there are 3 systems in place.

Charge per category (in which the ad posting time is set to whatever you chose in the classipress>settings>ad listing>Ad Listing Period) and you can only have the ad posted for that amount of days.

or

Charge per fixed price per ad (in which case you setup the ad packs to charge a specific price for a specific amount of time)

then you have membership packs, which over-ride the ad-packs and you can setup to use like a coupon (ie not be required, but give someone 100% off the price for XX$ and make valid 1 day), make it required site wide, or chose to enable only for certain categories.

Where is the option to allow us to make EACH ad pack or EACH membership pack specific to only CERTAIN categories! I have tried multiple ways to make this happen and nothing works. It just seems far to simple like I am missing something easy here.

Or is there more or less no flexibility in the pricing structure and everything is just grouped together and that is the way it is.

This is what I am trying to accomplish
    -------------------------------------------

I want one category to be able to post for free, for 30 days. That is it, then the ad is pruned from the site, and they can relist or delete.

I want one category to be able to post for free, for 15 days. That is it, then the ad is pruned from the site, and they can relist or delete.

I want 2 other categories to be able to post free to 24 hours, or have an option to pay for 30, 60, 90, 180, and 365 days.

And finally one category in which only the admin can post ads to. [seeing as this would be an information only page, I can do it myself separated from the theme. However, it would be better USE the forms in the theme, and keep the posts under my name and have it fully integrated with the theme as far as the search and categories go]

-----------------

Everything just bunches in together and there is no way as far as I know to customize it after spending hours trying different tactics. Yet I feel there is a MAJOR flaw in this theme because it seems to simple or is surely right in front of my eyes and I am missing something here.

I have spent hours trying different combinations of ad packs, membership packs, pricing plans and nothing will work properly.

Can you not make each membership and ad pack separate from the rest of the website?

At this point I am reaching out to Samcy or another apptheme developer that can answer my question directly as I need to at this point scrap the theme and idea and look elsewhere, or make it happen properly in the next attempt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks

Thread Information