Thread: Can someone help me get my site back on track?

Thanks

Can someone help me get my site back on track?

Hello. I'm an absolute beginner & I don't know or understand code. I have a WordPress multisite set up with ClassiPress/child theme running on the main url. I then have Vantage/child theme running on www.mainurl.com/vantage (that format), and finally ClassiPress with a real estate child theme running on www.mainurl.com/classipress2 (that format).

So that this makes sense, this is how I view my site. Leg #1 runs ClassiPress Leg #2 runs Vantage Leg #3 runs ClassiPress (real estate).

I've had the backWPup plugin installed & set up since at least late last summer, but I've never used it to restore. Last fall leg #3 was giving me some trouble and I messed it up and ended up re-installing a version of the real estate child theme that did not include the mods that I paid ReLoad to do, but at least that part of the site was functional again. I DO NOT have a copy of the child theme files that include the mods, other than the backWPup files...but here is my problem...

I am pretty sure that the way backWPup is installed, I get a daily backup of my entire site. So what has happened is I have backups from last fall before the "mess up" occurred, but I have continued building my sites over the last few months adding significant content and changes. So based on my limited understanding, I think if I restore the files from 4 months ago I will lose everything I've added to Leg #1 & Leg#2. Leg #3 is where the problem is and all I need to do is get it back to how it was with the mods...the content is unimportant as I'm still building this site & have no users yet.

Is there a way to recognize only the files that pertain to Leg #3 and restore them without affecting how Leg #1 & Leg #2 are currently?

I did not realize this potential problem back when this occurred or I would have addressed it then. If I can just get Leg #3 back to the beginning with mods, without affecting the rest of the site, then all 3 Legs of the site will be back in sync and any future issues would only require a restore of the whole backup.

If anyone can help direct me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thx!

-Tracey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dimitris For This Useful Post:

forsalebytracey (April 4th, 2013)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Agusth

Thanks

Thanks
    Get my German translation files for JobRoller and ClassiPress here - and for FXtender here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to domino1957 For This Useful Post:

forsalebytracey (April 5th, 2013)

Thread Information