Thread: Developers Club

Thanks

Question Developers Club

Would it be possible to start something like a "Developers Club" here? It could be an ongoing stream of revenue - and that could (hopefully) break the log jam that has been taking place.

My idea (and that's all they are *ideas*):

Pay a subscription for:

- *Actual*, honest developer updates
    - Premium support & support forum (blog as well?)
    - Special limited developer mods posted only in the premium forums
    - More votes, or increased vote importance for new features
    - Invitations to beta test
    - Discounts on other themes
    - anything else you can think of to sweeten the pot

Another thought was this (and this could help with the purchase agreement that many of us are under)

Allow "Developers Club" members access to the newest downloads. Not beta's, but "developer-releases". Once the next update is ready, the "developer-release" would become an official public update for all to consume. This would keep the "free updates" promise. Nobody said that it had to be the *latest-greatest* update. The next update would then be the pre-release. Everyone would be happy, appthemes would be getting paid, and the next project would already be being worked on - in advance.

Simple, profitable, dominoes.

Obviously security updates and the most important bug-fixes would need to be shared with all, but new features would be exclusive - for a time.

I have been critical of what has been going on around here, but I am fairly sure that the people behind the scenes are decent, honest and good people. That leads me to believe money is an issue. Maybe my idea will help, or help spur other ideas. I believe Cloudy Bright had some of his own as well. I may have even borrowed some of them with this post inadvertently. (if so, I'm sorry)

One thing is clear - change is needed. If it's money holding things back, it's time to figure out new ways to make it.

Look, I don't want to spend any more money than I have to - but I will if that's what it is going to take to grease the wheels and make things happen again.
    My Currently Live Sites
    ~ http://www.netpotion.com - Free Flash Gamez
    ~ http://www.picdepict.com - Free Image Hosting

Thanks

Wink

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    My Currently Live Sites
    ~ http://www.netpotion.com - Free Flash Gamez
    ~ http://www.picdepict.com - Free Image Hosting

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information