Thread: Forcing Featured Slider to cycle thru all sticky items

Thanks

Forcing Featured Slider to cycle thru all sticky items

I was noticing that my Featured slider does not cycle thru ALL of the items that are marked as "sticky". What I found is that it loads a set of 15 items and repeats those. If you reload the browser, you get a different set of 15... not a totally NEW set, though... some of the items were in the previously loaded set.

(I should note that I'm using the child theme SIMPLY RESPONSIVE, and this may be unique to that theme. If anyone is using the stock Classipress theme, let us know if your slider acts similarly.)

Also noted that reloading the browser refreshed the Featured content in Safari and Chrome... but NOT in Firefox. Sounds like that may be a cache issue, but I did not see an option in FF that might have altered that. And again, Safari & Chrome worked as expected. Firefox repeatedly gave me the same items in the same order, though I hard-forced (option-click) the browser to reload several times.

If I'm charging for FEATURED listings, this load-limit may be problematic. Folks are going to want to see their item in the slider at some point. They may not see it without reloading their browser several times. It would be better if ALL sticky items would cycle thru.

Thread Information