Using Custom Menu
Not sure if this is the correct process to use a custom menu but this is how I did it:
1) Go into the Wordpress admin and Appearance -> Menus. Create a new header menu e.g. call it customheader1
2) Below Theme Locations are two boxes 1) Custom Links and 2) Pages. Use either of these two to add the menus to your new customheader1 that you created above.
3) Make sure to update the URL and Navigation Label on your menu items and click on <save menu>
4) Now your menu should appear in your classipress but you may notice that it is duplicated by the original.
5) You can go and delete or comment out the original menu in theme-header.php either directly on the file in your ftp or using the wordpress editor. Please backup the original file before making changes...
After doing the above your custom menu should work fine and this is how i was able to create a menu called "Create A FREE Account" on my classifieds website. I hope this helps...
For more experienced Classipress users please comment so you can help those struggling with this issue... and in the process ensure we use the most appropriate way
ps. I have intentionally not included my classifieds site because I dont want to use this as a marketing platform but just to help those that needs this help as I have received some private msgs on this topic both to my appthemes inbox and directly on our classifieds website general email...