Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to make the homepage the blog and the second page the directory layout

Thanks

Question I want to make the homepage the blog and the second page the directory layout

Hi all, hopefully this is a straight forward enough request but I am getting stuck here. I am using the latest classipress 3.1.9 and I am using custom menu in the appearances > menu section of wordpress admin area.

Basically I want to make the homepage the Blog page. And then move the default directory layout homepage to a simple menu item page that is not the homepage. I assumed this might be straight forward with a custom menu but I see it is not.

I know the header.php file has links for the homepage and categories of classipress but my question is this how to I do the above. I can get the blog onto the homepage that is easy through wordpress settings and choosing blog as the homepage. The issue I have then is how to get the default classipress directory layout on a simple menu item page?

Any advice here would be great, I have tried a few ways now and I am genuinely stuck on this. Getting the homepage to be the blog is fine but getting the standard page to be the homepage directory layout is tricky. My site is here if needed: http://www.jamjo.ie/sandpit/mutant/

Once more I just want to swap the order of where you see blog and the homepage right now??

Cheers

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information