Thread: Workaround: City selection based on States (alternative to dinamic search)

Thanks

Lightbulb Workaround: City selection based on States (alternative to dinamic search)

Waiting for http://ideas.appthemes.com/forums/84...ures?ref=title
    I need a feature for easy sorting by each user from different location / city. For example if I select "Spain" in the field "State" it have to appear the cities "Madrid, Barcellona, Valencia and so on..." automatically. Unfortunately this problem has been discussed widely in the forum but... without results (if yes, please share yours).
    So I'm trying to find a workaround.
    1) Let's imagine in the Home Page a list of alle the States (or Regions or Countries) that you want. Each State have a link the goes inside your site.
    2) Then, through the Advanced Search Plugin developed by Rubencio you create a search form that search the correct State inside the database and give you all the ads relevant to Spain inside the database. For example I search for State in cp-state and it gives me the ads with spain as state, I recover this link and put it in Home Page under the item "Spain".
    3) Inside the "Page Spain" created dinamically I put another Advanced Search Plugin with a dropdown menu with only Spain cities
    4) Repeat steps 2) and 3) for each State do you want to include

I hope it's clear what I meant to do.
    What do you think about this workaround?
    Comments are welcomed.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information