Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classipress site Loading Time too Long (Attention David)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Classipress site Loading Time too Long (Attention David)

I find that a classipress theme powered website takes a loooong time to load compare to an ordinary wordpress blog.

I used this site to speed test the wpclasipress.com/demo:

http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com/wso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

The best loading time would be 5 seconds. Anything more than that, users would start leaving the site. Tried it on my new classipress site as well and the same issues were raised.

Here's the report:

* TOTAL_SIZE - Caution. [/b]The total size of this page is 192000 bytes, which will load in over 20 seconds on a 56Kbps modem - or 47.67 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 100K to achieve sub 20 second response times on 56K connections. Be sure to provide feedback for pages over 100K by layering your design to display useful content within the first two seconds. Consider optimizing your site with Website Optimization Secrets, Speed Up Your Site or contacting us about our optimization services.

* TOTAL_OBJECTS - Warning! The total number of objects on this page is 47 which by their number will dominate web page delay. Consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Above 20 objects per page the overhead from dealing with the actual objects (description time and wait time) accounts for more than 80% of whole page latency. See Figure II-3: Relative distribution of latency components showing that object overhead dominates web page latency in Website Optimization Secrets for more details on how object overhead dominates web page latency. Combine, refine, and optimize your external objects. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images. Using CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques can reduce HTTP requests. Replace graphic text headers with CSS text headers to further reduce HTTP requests. Finally, consider optimizing parallel downloads by using different hostnames or a CDN to reduce object overhead.

* TOTAL_IMAGES - Warning! The total number of images on this page is 32 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Recommend combining, replacing, and optimizing your graphics. Replace graphic rollover menus with CSS rollover menus to speed display and minimize HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images. Use CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques to reduce HTTP requests. Replace graphic text headers with CSS text headers to further reduce HTTP requests. Finally, consider optimizing parallel downloads by using different hostnames to reduce object overhead.

* TOTAL_CSS - Warning!
    The total number of external CSS files on this page is 7 , consider reducing this to one or two external files. Combine, refine, and optimize your external CSS files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed CSS for high-traffic pages) on your pages. You can optimize CSS files using shorthand properties, grouping, and then minify and GZIP compress them to reduce their footprint. Remember to place CSS files in the HEAD and JavaScript files at the end of the BODY to enable progressive display.
    [b]

* TOTAL_SCRIPT - Warning! The total number of external script files on this page is 7 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refactor, and minify to optimize your JavaScript files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed scripts for high-traffic pages) on your pages. Consider suturing JavaScript files together at the server to minimize HTTP requests. Placing external JavaScript files at the bottom of your BODY, and CSS files in the HEAD enables progressive display in XHTML web pages.

* IMAGES_SIZE - Caution. The total size of all your images is 79772 bytes, which exceeds 50K. Consider optimizing and creatively cropping your images, and combining them where appropriate. Even better, replace graphic text and form controls with styled text to eliminate unnecessary HTTP requests. Ideally each image should be less than 1160 bytes, to easily fit into one TCP-IP packet.

* SCRIPT_SIZE - Warning!
    The total size of external your scripts is 62597 bytes, which is over 20K. Consider optimizing your JavaScript for size, combining them, and using HTTP compression where appropriate for any scripts placed in the HEAD of your documents. You can substitute CSS menus for JavaScript-based menus to minimize or even eliminate the use of JavaScript.

* CSS_SIZE - Caution.The total size of your external CSS is 12718 bytes, which is above 8K and less than 20K. For external files, ideally keep them less than 1160 bytes to fit within one higher-speed TCP-IP packet (or an approximate multiple thereof). Consider optimizing your CSS and eliminating features to reduce this to a more reasonable size.

Thanks

Re: Classipress site Loading Time too Long (Attention David)

I have not notice any problem, depends what server you are on, classipress server feels slow.....

Thanks

Thanks for the free test. Of course ClassiPress will take longer to load than an ordinary wordpress blog because there is a lot more that needs to be loaded for classified ad functionality. It also depends how many plugins you have running, the quality of your hosting provider, how large your ad images are, etc.

You are the first one to mention any issues regarding speed so I suspect your ISP might be slower than most or you are far away from where the CP demo site is hosted.

Regardless, I agree that ClassiPress could probably run a little leaner which I will look into for the next release. In the meantime, I recommend installing WP Super Cache which will speed up your site by caching pages, css, images, js files. It's a great plugin.

Besides that you might want to reduce the number of plugins you've got running and then run the test on your own host. Most plugins add all sorts or .js and .css files which can bog down your site.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

just my 2 cents. we had a problem with load time also and it turned out to be the server end. we use go daddy and a shared server. we called them and they had to bump a couple other people and now we are fine. they also suggested using a dedicated server and it would permanently fix this issue.

Thanks

they also suggested using a dedicated server and it would permanently fix this issue.
    I'll bet they did.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply David. I actually tested your site and mine. Only used the plug-ins you recommended. Super cache is on on your site and mine. The comments re: speed etc... were nearly similar.

But I welcome your plan of cleaning up the files a bit more to make it run faster. Thanks. Hope this is your next priority before adding more features - the site may not open anymore otherwise

Have a lovely week.

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    Thanks for the free test. Of course ClassiPress will take longer to load than an ordinary wordpress blog because there is a lot more that needs to be loaded for classified ad functionality. It also depends how many plugins you have running, the quality of your hosting provider, how large your ad images are, etc.

You are the first one to mention any issues regarding speed so I suspect your ISP might be slower than most or you are far away from where the CP demo site is hosted.

Regardless, I agree that ClassiPress could probably run a little leaner which I will look into for the next release. In the meantime, I recommend installing WP Super Cache which will speed up your site by caching pages, css, images, js files. It's a great plugin.

Besides that you might want to reduce the number of plugins you've got running and then run the test on your own host. Most plugins add all sorts or .js and .css files which can bog down your site.

Thanks for sharing.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Classipress is very slow to load... hopefully it will speed-up in next update

Thanks

What host do you guys use? I have 2 classipess sites myself, not to mention have built over 50 for clients on this forum and the speed has never been a issue.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylerj
    What host do you guys use? I have 2 classipess sites myself, not to mention have built over 50 for clients on this forum and the speed has never been a issue.
    We are using Hostgator... as you can notice here www.benta.ph the site is very slow to load in home page.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,392 Times in 3,263 Posts

Hostgator works just fine with my Classipress site. I have compared the loading time of my site with yours and mine loads faster. I guess it has something to do with your modification. Just check your codes if it complies with wc3.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information