Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classipress site Loading Time too Long (Attention David)

Thanks

Re: Classipress site Loading Time too Long (Attention David)

Classipress does take a long time to load. I noticed that once I install classipress even on my localhost test machine it really slows down wordpress. I was also planning to point this out to David. But it all depends on your host. But classipress really uses up resources even on localhost it is slow..

Thanks

Definitely sounds like a server side issue or ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya
    they also suggested using a dedicated server and it would permanently fix this issue.
    I'll bet they did.
    Always treat everyone with respect and courtesy, but trust no one.

Thanks

I just realized that every time index.php is called it prunes posts. This would make it slow if it has a large no of posts. The alternative is to use a meta option field called last prune date and write to it the first time for that date the date value. This would be done only for the first time the index is called for that day. On every other instance it just has to check whether the meta field holds the current date and if not do the prune. If it already holds the current date then its already understood that it has executed a prune for the day. Prob good for ver 3.0. I am already hacking my current version as it will have over few thousand posts when launched. And if it going to do update the prune each time the loading time for the age is going to be large. I think this is what is slowing it down.

Thanks

That could be part of it. 3.0 is much better written and a key performance enhancement will be how images load. The pruning code will also be more efficient and put into a wp schedule event function.

To elaborate more on the images piece -- there will no longer be the image script that resizes images on the fly. 3.0 uses native WP 2.9 media functionality meaning when an ad image is uploaded, multiple sizes are automatically created (thumbnail, medium, large, regular). Then those sizes are called directly on page load vs the image resizer script having to run each time.

Now if you have legacy ads (2.9.3 or earlier) then you'll still need to utilize the image resizing script. Any new ads that you create will use the 3.0 functionality, however. The good news is the image resizer script will be timthumb which is a much better written script.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

After working hard with the theme I have managed to reduce the loading time considerably. In my opinion I regret to say that the problem is due more to the theme, this runs too many calls, some of them unnecessary and in my case, I use the version available in September 2009 "I can not remember which was" the resizes system Image severely penalized.

A good hosting and a good cache system help a lot but unless you work in your theme to utilize the calls they need in place, the issue continues to be quite slow.

Do not get me wrong, I love how it works classipress, to me it works very well and in 6 months has positioned itself well enough. I just want to express my opinion.

A request for you dcowgill..there any way to improve the loading time of resized images with img_resize.php?

Today the first image takes 580ms, the second image 799ms, the third picture 858ms ... and so on.

Can anything be done to improve this?

Greetings and Thanks for Everything!

Thanks

Yeah I am also finding my load times for the homepage etc fairly slow.

I have enabled WP Super Cache and it seems to have improved, but not as fast as my other sites on the server.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to speed this up. My site is www.yourtrashforcash.com, have a look and tell me if you think its slow

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fergster

I have enabled WP Super Cache and it seems to have improved, but not as fast as my other sites on the server.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to speed this up. My site is http://www.yourtrashforcash.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, have a look and tell me if you think its slow

Cheers
    Yes your site loads long time, i think it`s because your plugins try to deactivate them. and activate one in the time to find witch is bad for you...And yes, it can depend on your host slow servers or overloaded...

CP demo http://wpclassipress.com/demo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chifen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergster

Anyone have any other ideas on how to speed this up. My site is http://www.yourtrashforcash.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, have a look and tell me if you think its slow

Cheers
    Yes your site loads long time, i think it`s because your plugins try to deactivate them. and activate one in the time to find witch is bad for you...And yes, it can depend on your host slow servers or overloaded...

CP demo http://wpclassipress.com/demo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    I tried your site again and now it`s loading fast....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information