Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dashboard Link & Directory

Thanks

Re: My Dashboard Link & Directory

Hello David ...
    Sorry ment to be bothered ...
    I am using the beta version you sent me, so ... now you've finished. I have to install v2.9.2 final?
    Abraço

Thanks

Esquece

Thanks

it would be easier to send a link to download?
    Hi Dandra.
    Use the link in the original "e-junky" email you received when you first bought ClassiPress.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks

I tried everything but Im testing on a localserver ie localhost. With the default permalink structure I can go to pages in the admin->edit select the page and give view and the pages all come up. But with /%postname%/ as the structure even the about us default wordpress page page does not come up.

Thanks

David I think there may be other users too that have the same problem. I found the following post with other users having the same issue on 2.7.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/238698

I tried a standard installation with absolutely no plugins or themes not even classipress but even then the /%postname% doesn't seem to work for the default abountus page.

Thanks

Another link with the same issue http://wordpress.org/support/topic/240715. This might need to addressed or we wouldn't know whats wrong. Also none of the permalink structures other than default work

Thanks

It appears to be a WordPress permalinks server issue rather than a CP issue since the about us page doesn't even work. When you try changing your permalinks to /%postname%/ and saving, does it give you a message about having to update your .htaccess file b/c it doesn't have permission to write to it?

Go look directly in your .htaccess file and make sure that the following is in there:

Code:
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress
    If this is in there and it's still not working make sure your Apache web server has the mod_rewrite module installed and enabled.

You might want to contact your hosting provider or look at their FAQ or support area for more info. Every host is different and some won't let you modify this file or even create it.

As a last resort, I built a fallback in ClassiPress to handle issues like this. Edit your header.php and look for this block of code. You can comment out the permalink defines and uncomment the ones below. Just make sure to enter the correct page ids in order for it to work. This is a last resort though because you really should be using pretty permalinks not only for ClassiPress but for getting better rankings in Google and having much better looking urls.

Code:
    define("cp_dashboard_url", "/dashboard/");
    //define("cp_dashboard_url", "/?page_id=745&"); //uncomment this and enter the dashboard page id (replace 745) if you don't have pretty permalinks on.

define("cp_edit_ad_url", "/edit-ad/");
    //define("cp_edit_ad_url", "/?page_id=748&"); //uncomment this and enter the edit ads page id (replace 748) if you don't have pretty permalinks on.

Thanks

oK tghe reason is my host was windows and somehow the .htaccess file was not created so once I created the .htaccess file like you said everything worked fine. Now that didnt solve the problem on my localhost which is a Ubuntu machine try what may it never seemed to work thats when I found this

http://www.mountobvious.com/2009/05/wor ... oblem.html

Posting it here so in case someone need it. Its some issue with 2.7 and default Ubuntu versions after 8.10 I guess. Im running Ubuntu Jackalope locally

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

My dashboard comes up as a blank page. profile works fine. ed ad has Ad Not found error. Help!

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Anyone have any idea? As said, the dashboard renders a blank page. When viewing source code, there is no HTML text at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information