Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few questions/probs

Thanks

Re: A few questions/probs

Ok, I won't apologize to you again - but obviously I'm just trying to give you a response so you know this problem is being addressed. I HAVE mentioned your specific problem to David again, just before I replied here in fact, as only he can really determine if the issues are linked. You have only just today mentioned the draft issues you have noticed, which is why I think it's possible they are related.

Most people want to use 3.0 asap so they are more interested in this being released, so this is why I point out this isn't far away (and the fact the problems you have now will be resolved). If you don't want to use 3.0 then we shall have to wait for David's suggestions for resolution of your problem in 2.9.x.

Yes the date for 3.0 has been pushed in the past, but it is in the hands of the beta testers as we speak.

Thanks

Most people want to use 3.0 asap
    Yes I would have preferred that but as the date kept changing and for this particular domain it did not matter, i used 2.9.3 fully expecting it to work out of the box not 2 weeks later waiting to find out why it is not working and basically being told to wait for v3.

Thanks

2.9.3 does work fine otherwise everyone would be unhappy. It doesn't matter what the post status is...as long as you have the "Send Email Notification" option set to "Yes", the admin (user account #1) will get sent an email.

Are you using your default admin WP account or did you create a brand new one? Emails will go only to the first default account created so make sure that account and email address are correct.

If that doesn't fix it, PM me your admin login/pwd so I can personally take a look.

Thanks

Pm sent.

Thanks

I just had a look and you don't have a valid email address setup for the admin user account. That is most likely why you haven't seen any new ad submission emails.

http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/profile.php

[attachment=0:n2nz42gm]admin-email-addy.gif[/attachment:n2nz42gm]

Thanks

Thanks, now working.
    Maybe worth pointing out on the installation page and also to other mods that this needs filling in as was not mentioned on the page or in their replies.

Thanks again and look forward to v3

Thanks

Glad to hear it. Yeah, in 3.0 it will be using the admin email address you enter on the WP general settings page instead of this admin email.

Thanks

To be honest I'm annoyed at myself for not asking this specifically, but I guess because it has literally never come up before I just didn't think to ask either! I'll be sure to include the question in any future support threads relating to e-mail problems in case it ever happens again. Thanks Dave, and thanks mikeyb for your patience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information