Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Images not showing

Thanks

Images not showing

I'm having some problem getting images to show on individual listing pages.

Here's an example
    http://www.hairdressingjobs.org.uk/ffffghj, when you click on it shows the image in the lightbox but now unless you click on it. It also shows in the listing http://www.hairdressingjobs.org.uk.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Re: Images not showing

I'll bet you didn't follow step 4 in the install guide.
    http://wpclassipress.com/install/
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks

Do you have wordpress installed at the root of your website, or in a separate directory?

I had this exact problem, images not showing on the listing page, when I had wordpress installed in it's own directory.

But then I did a clean install of wordpress at the root of my site and now I can see the pictures.

Update: actually I can see you have wordpress in a separate directory. Installing at the root is the fix I found

Thanks

I'll bet you didn't follow step 4 in the install guide.
    http://wpclassipress.com/install/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    Hey dubya, completed all the steps in the guide as instructed

Do you have wordpress installed at the root of your website, or in a separate directory?

I had this exact problem, images not showing on the listing page, when I had wordpress installed in it's own directory.

But then I did a clean install of wordpress at the root of my site and now I can see the pictures.

Update: actually I can see you have wordpress in a separate directory. Installing at the root is the fix I found.
    herb_, I had the feeling that I may have to install it in the root directory to get it working, It's not my preferred option but I guess it may just have to be. I'll give it a try when I get the time and let you guys know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks dubya/herb_ for taking the time to answer/offer your help

Thanks

I had the feeling that I may have to install it in the root directory to get it working, It's not my preferred option
    I try.
    Another option (if your host supports it) is to use sub domains. You could use something like thiscity.yourdomain.com and thatcity.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com as your main homepage. No extra licenses required as it's all the same root domain.

I will be attempting this soon.
    The only downside would be that each one would be a separate WP site, so lots of admin work.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks

Or you could try CP with WPMU - or in English ... try using ClassiPress with WordpressMU and you can use subdomains on 1 install.

Thanks

Quick update, have put wordpress in the route directory and I'm not having any problems now.

Great idea about the subdomain/WordpressMU

Thanks

Good to hair! i mean hear (oh that was fad... i mean bad.... ok time to cut it)

PointandStare, good stuff, I'm gonna explore mu with subdomains, thanks for the idea!

Thanks

Good to hair! i mean hear (oh that was fad... i mean bad.... ok time to cut it)
    Oh dear

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi all,
    i have same problem. I installed wordpressMU on the root directory. I followed the instructions (http://wpclassipress.com/install/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false except setting the 'cache' to 777 (not sure where the cache). I did cmod '777' on wp-content/uploads/classipress folder ). The thumbnails is not showing both in the front page (listing) and the detail ad page (shows broken image, but when i click the broken link image, it shows the images). When i mouse-over on the broken image, the link shows: http://subdomain.domain.com/files/class ... 291458.jpg. So for some reason, the image is not uploaded to the wp-content/uploads/classipress folder.
    Any idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information