Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Images not showing

Thanks

Re: Images not showing

Quote Originally Posted by myapp
    Hi all,
    i have same problem. I installed wordpressMU on the root directory. So for some reason, the image is not uploaded to the wp-content/uploads/classipress folder.
    Any idea?
    I'm experiencing the same challenge, myapp. I've just purchased, installed (according to all of the instructions ) and generally things seem to be working. However I have the same issues with the images. I think this may somehow be related to the different way that WordPress MU deals with uploaded images vs. the standard WP. Though I'm not sure why it would matter if we are still creating the /uploads/classipress/ directory and setting appropriate permissions.

In WPMU, images are uploaded to a blogs directory and inside there, a folder corresponding to the ID of the site your dealing with. So, in my instance, http://Classifieds.inVerdeValley.com would be uploading to wp-content/blogs.dir/29 (or whatever the actual ID is.)

The kicker, however is that WPMU will then rewrite the image URL's, and I think this might be were ClassiPress is having difficulties with displaying images (that it thinks should be uploaded to /uploads/classipress/). We are able to see that lightbox pop up of the uploaded image because I believe that it is uploaded using native WPMU upload functions (obviously, I could be wrong, terribly wrong! But I think this might help to solve the challenge!)

WPMU will rewrite the display URL's for the img src to something similar to: http://classifieds.inverdevalley.com/fi ... 162262.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (This was the test image I uploaded during the first ad creation process.) As you can see, the "classipress" directory was created inside that structure (I didn't create that one, honest!)

So, not really sure where this goes from here, but I'll definitely be monitoring this thread to see if we can come up with a solution that works with us WPMU users.

Thanks!

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I'm having the same issue does anyone know how to fix it. Please!?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

This usually occurs if you moved or copied your classipress folder or if you have some sort of domain forwarding on.

Add this line to wp-config.php just above /** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */

Code:
    define('UPLOADS', 'wp-content/uploads');
    Viola! No more lost images or thumbnails

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chanders
    This usually occurs if you moved or copied your classipress folder or if you have some sort of domain forwarding on.

Add this line to wp-config.php just above /** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */

Code:
    define('UPLOADS', 'wp-content/uploads');
    Viola! No more lost images or thumbnails

Nope sorry, still not working in WP MU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information