Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution Here (includes MU)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,392 Times in 3,263 Posts

Re: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution is Here

Your upgrade link is the same link that were provided to you when you bought Classipress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jomark Osabel
    Your upgrade link is the same link that were provided to you when you bought Classipress.
    Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. Have emailed David to send it to me again. Thanks for the advice though.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. Have emailed David to send it to me again. Thanks for the advice though.
    Just found the email but the link goes to a page saying I have already confirmed and do I want to return to classipress?

Thanks

Use the e-junkie link you got. That will have the download link. If you can't find that, PM me and I'll resend it to you.

Just found the email but the link goes to a page saying I have already confirmed and do I want to return to classipress?

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate jtpratt's Avatar
    Thanks

installed the latest version of the theme. Posted the img resize script fix to my site. Checked all permissions and spellings - all is right. Post new classified ad to my site, it uploads image and no thumbnail:
    http://ttownsound.com/

Img paths in custom fields in post are fine. Images are not being thumbnailed at all - nothing exists in the /wp-content/uploads/classipress folder even though the path, names, and perms are fine.

Hosted on my own server, CentOS, GD and basic libraries installed - what does the img resizer script run on?

Also, this is installed on WPMU, but that shouldn't make any difference at all.

Any help appreciated.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Still no thumbnails showing up.
    The alternative image does show if no pictures are uploaded.
    The enlarged picture does work when clicking on the empty thumbnail placeholder.
    The images are being uploaded into the correct directory.
    My host has GD library enabled.
    Have followed all advice in this thread.
    Have updated to new version.
    Have hired a php programmer.
    Have not altered anything on my site that used to have the thumbnails showing perfectly except did upgrade to new wordpress version which seem to be the only reason the thumbnails no longer appear.
    My URL is http://www.space2spare.com.au as requested by David. Any help much appreciated as my site is useless without the thumbnails and I have exhausted all avenues to fix it.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Image Thumbnails not working for me either!!!

This is very bad for what we paid!

I have purchased a Developer License

1) I have my own VPS and my server supports GD
    2) I have installed WP 2.9.1 and Classipress 2.9.3 - latest versions
    3) Upload directory uploads/classipress permission is set to 777

I modified my theme but of course not touched the core files! So they should work out of the box but they don't!!

When a user attaches a new picture, the "alt" text shows up but no thumbnail is displayed. If one clicks on the link the image is displayed correctly with the jquery effect. But no thumbnail, which makes the theme look ugly and broken.

thumbnails are important for a classified website!!! how come many people have many issue on this?

please help!

( and before you think of saying "wait for classipress 3.0" - that is not an answer! we put effort in customizing the look of 2.9.3 .... it would be silly to redo the job again! images must work in 2.9.3 as well)

Thanks

Sorry to hear you guys are having these issues still. I have let David know you have provided the URL Lance.

Il Gatto, a few people are having this problem for various reasons..some are due to a more simple problem and others are more complicated. In your case could you please also provide your URL for us to take a look at (either post here or send by PM). Thanks.

Thanks

Lance, The file that does the thumbnail creation is missing from your site which is why the resizing isn't working. If you view the page source of your home page, you'll see that the path looks correct and it's pointing to the image.

Here's the url which should load a blank page if the file is there. Instead it's showing a 404 error.
    http://www.space2spare.com.au/wp-conten ... resize.php

Once you have that file in place, this link will show you a resized image meaning it's working.
    http://www.space2spare.com.au/wp-conten ... 206326.jpg

Check to see if that file is in the right place. Also make sure you ftp'ed it as either ASCII or Auto transfer mode. BTW are you using WP or WPMU?

Still no thumbnails showing up.
    The alternative image does show if no pictures are uploaded.
    The enlarged picture does work when clicking on the empty thumbnail placeholder.
    The images are being uploaded into the correct directory.
    My host has GD library enabled.
    Have followed all advice in this thread.
    Have updated to new version.
    Have hired a php programmer.
    Have not altered anything on my site that used to have the thumbnails showing perfectly except did upgrade to new wordpress version which seem to be the only reason the thumbnails no longer appear.
    My URL is http://www.space2spare.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as requested by David. Any help much appreciated as my site is useless without the thumbnails and I have exhausted all avenues to fix it.

Thanks

Il Gato-

What is the url to your site? You might be having the same problem as Lance but I'll be happy to check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Gatto
    Image Thumbnails not working for me either!!!

This is very bad for what we paid!

I have purchased a Developer License

1) I have my own VPS and my server supports GD
    2) I have installed WP 2.9.1 and Classipress 2.9.3 - latest versions
    3) Upload directory uploads/classipress permission is set to 777

I modified my theme but of course not touched the core files! So they should work out of the box but they don't!!

When a user attaches a new picture, the "alt" text shows up but no thumbnail is displayed. If one clicks on the link the image is displayed correctly with the jquery effect. But no thumbnail, which makes the theme look ugly and broken.

thumbnails are important for a classified website!!! how come many people have many issue on this?

please help!

( and before you think of saying "wait for classipress 3.0" - that is not an answer! we put effort in customizing the look of 2.9.3 .... it would be silly to redo the job again! images must work in 2.9.3 as well)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information