Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution Here (includes MU)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution is Here

Hi, im having the same problem in 2.9.3.
    But it works on main page and Tag Pages, not on Search Pages.

http://malaysiads.com

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Ok found a solution here for the Thumbnail issue.

Replace this :

Code:
    <div class="main_page_img" style="background: #FFF url(<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_url')."/includes/img_resize.php?width=50&height=50&url=";?><?php
    										  if ( strstr($images, ',')) {  
    											$matches = explode(",", $images);
    											$img_single = $matches[0];
    											$img_single = explode(trailingsla****(get_option('siteurl')) . "wp-content/uploads/classipress/", $img_single);
    											echo $img_single[1];
    										  } else {
    											$img_single2 = $images;
    											echo $img_single2;
    												}?>) center no-repeat"></div></span>
    With this one :

Code:
    <span class="main_page_img" style="background: #FFF url(<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_url')."/includes/img_resize.php?width=50&amp;height=50&amp;url=";?><?php
    										  if ( strstr($images, ',')) {  
    											$matches = explode(",", $images);
    											$img_single = $matches[0];
    											$img_single = explode(trailingsla****(get_option('siteurl')) . "wp-content/uploads/classipress/", $img_single);
    											echo $img_single[1];
    										  } else {
    											$img_single2 = $images;
    											echo $img_single2;
    												}?>) center no-repeat"></span></span>
    It works for me. Let me know whether it works for others...

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Has anybody figured out how to get the thumbnails to show in WPMU? I have scoured the net for a solution and have found none.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

OK, after many posts and emails to David I have got the same advice back, namely my directory structure is incorrect which it isn't. I have supplied screenshots of my directory structure as proof and still get the same advice. Now I am told that it must be to do with my recent wordpress upgrade which I suggested may be the case originally as that is when my thumbnails stopped working. I really aren't happy with this level of support when so many others have the same problem and am lucky this is just my site and not a clients site. My advice from David now is to go to the forum and see if any of you can help. Not happy at all. By the way, what is the refund policy on this?

Thanks

I suppose my question to anyone effected by this issue would be: Was CP working correctly out of the box before you started customizing the theme in any way?

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Same thing for me. I get the runaround everytime I ask a question. If there was a solution I am sure it would already have a patch considering this has been an ongoing discussion since March 2009. Truth is the classipress theme is not compatable with WPMU because it dumps the images into blogs.dir/files/classipress and the image resizer looks for the pics in uploads/classipress. I doubt there is a refund. At the very least we should have been informed that it was not compatible with WPMU. It doesnt matter what you do to the script, the rewrite rules in htaccess will override it.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    I suppose my question to anyone effected by this issue would be: Was CP working correctly out of the box before you started customizing the theme in any way?

It worked fine except for the thumbnail issue. It works fine on a single installation of wordpress. It works fine with WPMU if the thumbnail issue was resolved.

Thanks

Lance-

I didn't say your directory structure was incorrect. I said your image resizing file is either missing or wasn't uploaded correctly.

You also said everything was working fine with ClassiPress until you upgraded your WordPress. I'm not sure what you did (it could be something else you changed i.e. domain name, permalinks, or overwrote during the upgrade process) but now the thumbnail images don't work. Doesn't that seem strange?

I explained why it doesn't appear to be working and I know you've checked your directory structure, but this page needs to be there otherwise your thumbnails won't work. Right now it's a "404 page not found" which means the file isn't there, wasn't uploaded correctly (auto or ascii format not binary), or it's corrupted. It might even be a domain issue since it's a .com.au and maybe WordPress or your hosting provider is having trouble resolving it.
    http://www.space2spare.com.au/wp-conten ... resize.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recommend installing a fresh copy of ClassiPress without any of your modifications and see how it works. Make sure to ftp using "Auto" mode and make sure all the files make it properly.

I understand your frustration and we are here to help but when customers start modifying the core theme files, it makes it very difficult to support and troubleshoot because we don't know what was changed or accidentally deleted.

Let me know how your fresh install goes. I don't like seeing customers with broken ClassiPress sites.

Thanks

I finally had a chance to troubleshoot this for WPMU. Since MU uses a totally different file structure, we need to modify ClassiPress to look in different folders.

To get this to work in WPMU, you'll need to make the following changes to three files.

Open index.php and search for this line (#83)
    Code:
    Replace it with this code:
    Code:
    $img_single = explode(trailingsla****(get_option('siteurl')) . "files/classipress/", $img_single);
    Next, open includes/img_resizer.php and make the following change on this line (#18):
    Code:
    $cpath = $path . '/wp-content/uploads/classipress/' . $_GET["url"];
    to
    Code:
    $cpath = $path . '/blogs.dir/1/files/classipress/' . $_GET["url"];
    You might need to change the /1/ to /2/ or wherever your /files/classipress/ folder lives.

That should fix your home page thumbnails. Now, we must fix the single page thumbnails.

Edit functions.php and search for this line (#86)
    Code:
    $thumb_var = str_replace(get_option('home')."/wp-content/uploads/classipress/", "", $var);
    replace it with this code:
    Code:
    $thumb_var = str_replace(get_option('home')."/files/classipress/", "", $var);
    That's it.

It works for me on my local build so give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrokk
    Has anybody figured out how to get the thumbnails to show in WPMU? I have scoured the net for a solution and have found none.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    Lance-

I didn't say your directory structure was incorrect. I said your image resizing file is either missing or wasn't uploaded correctly.

You also said everything was working fine with ClassiPress until you upgraded your WordPress. I'm not sure what you did (it could be something else you changed i.e. domain name, permalinks, or overwrote during the upgrade process) but now the thumbnail images don't work. Doesn't that seem strange?

I explained why it doesn't appear to be working and I know you've checked your directory structure, but this page needs to be there otherwise your thumbnails won't work. Right now it's a "404 page not found" which means the file isn't there, wasn't uploaded correctly (auto or ascii format not binary), or it's corrupted. It might even be a domain issue since it's a .com.au and maybe WordPress or your hosting provider is having trouble resolving it.
    http://www.space2spare.com.au/wp-conten ... resize.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recommend installing a fresh copy of ClassiPress without any of your modifications and see how it works. Make sure to ftp using "Auto" mode and make sure all the files make it properly.

I understand your frustration and we are here to help but when customers start modifying the core theme files, it makes it very difficult to support and troubleshoot because we don't know what was changed or accidentally deleted.

Let me know how your fresh install goes. I don't like seeing customers with broken ClassiPress sites.
    Thanks David. I did a fresh manual install of wordpress and classipress and all is working well. No idea why the img_resize.php file wasn't being found as I could see it and uploaded it several times. Anyway all fixed now and very happy with the way it operates.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information